Greeting from new owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AdventureDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
IMG_3866.PNG Greetings! After a long search, I parted ways with my 09 4 door Wrangler and found an 08 QuadCab 4wd with the 4.7 and 6 speed stick...71K miles, with some nice add ons. Paid 14k, so I hope it's not too much. The dealer just replaced upper/lower ball joints, tie rod ends, alignment and some evap issue, all rotors and pads also new. Showed me the work order. That saved me a bundle.

Has some nice "nice-to-have's" such as new Nitto tires, brushguard, tow hooks, a top of the line led light bar, and line X bed. Due to the mileage, I changed the top plugs (in good shape), oil, air filter, trans fluid, front/rear diffs (rear looked good added the mopar lsd additive, front was brown and dirty) trans case, ps fluid. Just to start off with known values, and to learn the truck. Cleaned a pretty clean throttle body. Am I missing anything? I'm a nurse by trade, but have a small HVAC business on the side, and needed a truck to haul stuff, as well as kayaks.

I love this truck! It runs beautifully, smooth and quiet, and looks freakin great. I've lurked here for a week or two, and seems like a decent bunch of people on here. If I have missed anything to check, let me know. I'm already pretty intimate with the undercarriage, and it all looks good.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
:welcome: to the forum

panoz3

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You found a great truck! It looks to me like the front was leveled at one point and the tires look oversized, which is what I did to mine. It's nice to work off what someone else started.

The manual trans is a rare find, my recommendation is to replace the shifter. I'm a huge fan of manual trans vehicles and prefer solid, precise shifts, and I was not at all impressed with the factory shifter. Check out Core Shifters, they build short throw shifters with genuine Hurst sticks, by far the best upgrade I installed on my truck.

OP
OP
A

AdventureDad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I appreciate the greetings! I did a build sheet and emailed Chrysler...that configuration was 1 of 238 built for 08...probably why comparable trucks at dealers were around 19k. Most of this generation has no desire to look under the hood, or shift gears. I am old school, and I remember back in high school looking longingly at the white Hurst shift ball that adorned many AMX Javelins, El Camino's, Road Runners in my h.s. parking lot. I had an old CJ7 with a non synchro 4 speed. Good times...

I may have a look see. BUT, I am finding I like the long throw in this...It keeps my driving much more sedate. At this point in my life, with the insanity of my job, and where I physically work, I personally am at redline all day ....I enjoy taking my time a bit more when I drive.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and congrats on your truck purchase.

MikeG71

U.S. ARMY '02 - '12
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega 2500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum. Great find on a sweet Rig

Joe w.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
Welcome nice looking truck congrats
My dad has almost the exact same truck except his is a regular cab.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome, that’s a nice truck you got a good deal

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Excellent deal, and welcome to Ramforum!