Greetings from Logan, UT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattFrmSac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey all,

As my username may tell you, my name is Matt and I'm originally from Sacramento, CA. About 5 years ago I moved to Logan, UT to go back to school and earned my welding certs.

I picked up a 2011 Ram 2500 with the Hemi a few months ago. It already had a level kit, wheels, tires, and tint. It needed front end work before I bought it, because it's a heavy duty Chrysler truck so of course it had bad front end parts. Ended up doing the usual ball joints and u-jounts, tie rod at the pitman arm, and added Bilstein 5160 shocks and steering stab. We needed new wheels and tires for one of our service trucks at work, so I traded my old ones in and switched to 17" Method Racing 701 Trail wheels with 35" Maxxis Razr M/Ts.

I'm enjoying it so far and am planning on doing an overland build so the wife and I can camp more and explore some trails, and also so we can do multi-day track events with my racetruck. You may have seen the racetruck in Truckin Magazine (RIP) or on YouTube (The Burnout Truck That Burgers Built)

I hope to learn a lot from the forum and maybe give some advice where I feel I can. At the very least, I can act as a shining example of what not to do.

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l
Welcome from Texas.

When you get started on the overland build. Be sure to make a build thread. Having some welding expertise should make for some awesome content!

Looking forward to seeing what you do. Along with any trails [emoji2937]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Ramily from socal!!!

Knilas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, Matt Ochoa...welcome to the Ram Forum. The Canyon is also a cool little truck and mid 12's in the 1/4 is respectable from that sleeper. With this forum - it's "ask and you shall receive" and you'll likley get a LOT of assistance. But, the key is to ask before you do something wrong. If the Canyon is the work of your early days then you should be fine here.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
welcome!

Darth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wilkommen! :welcome: Logan is a beautiful area

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Welcome to RamForum.

OP
OP
M

MattFrmSac

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So, Matt Ochoa...welcome to the Ram Forum. The Canyon is also a cool little truck and mid 12's in the 1/4 is respectable from that sleeper. With this forum - it's "ask and you shall receive" and you'll likley get a LOT of assistance. But, the key is to ask before you do something wrong. If the Canyon is the work of your early days then you should be fine here.

I've learned do much since the /Tuned video was done. Hell, I only had 1000mi on the motor when Matt Farah drove it.

I've changed careers since the video too. Been working as a tire and alignment tech since 2015. I work on everything from miatas to Komatsu loaders with 9ft tall tires.

I look forward to learning as much as I can here, and offering my own experience and help when appropriate.

(Pic of a job from a couple months ago. The rear tires on these rock trucks are 6ft tall and are 40ply rated. The bead is over 4" thick. It usually takes a full day to do a set of 4 drive tires on one.)

IMG_20200930_092339.jpg

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome