Grid Heater Delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM4715

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
1. I did a grid heater delete several months ago when I installed the Banks Monster-Ram Intake. I used the Beans Diesel Grid Heater Delete block. I also removed the Grid Heater Relay. No problem.

2. Today, I took the truck to a Dodge dealer to have the ECM reflashed back to the latest OEM flash so I could eliminate the EFILive tune so I can install the Banks EconoMind inline tuner instead.

3. Since the ECM Reflash, it is now throwing the P0541 code (Intake Air Heater Control Circuit 1 Low). Obviously due to the Grid Heater Delete.

4. Anyone know how I can eliminate the P0541 code? Pure Diesel Power list an "Air Intake Heater Plug Code Elimintor (P0541)", but I cannot find anything similar for the 3rd Gen Dodges'.

5. I have got to get rid of this code so I can pass emissions later this year. Any help would be extremely appreciated.
r.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I would reach out to Banks and see if they may have an answer for you.

OP
OP
RAM4715

RAM4715

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Problem Solved.
First, I dug out the Grid Heater Relay and temporarily connected the two small yellow and black wires. Cleared the code and started the truck. No more code.

Next, I disconnected the grid heater relay and started the truck. Got the code again.

Next, I temporarily connected a 10W/20 Ohm resistor between the yellow and black wires. Cleared the code and started the truck. Again, no more code.

WooHoo... I then permanently installed the resistor in between the yellow and black wires with some good solder connections and heat shrink and secured it next to the pax-side battery.

All seems to be good. Finished installing the Banks EconoMind turner. I like it so far. Just waiting on the 3-gauge A-Frame Pod to finish the installation.

Thanks...
R.
10W/20 Ohm Resistor

Last edited: