Ground force 2/3 or belltech 2/4?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 crew cab 4x4...

I think I’m starting to like the idea of 1” of rake on the 2/3 as I do tow a bit.

As of now I’m sitting 0/2 so it would be 2” in the front and 1” more in the rear.

E31E77E4-AA7A-490B-8EB5-CE8F9943A9C2.jpeg AB05353F-6D08-4AF8-AE66-3C70FBA7F41B.jpeg B952C3D1-BDD7-4568-A09A-8CBF738008D3.jpeg

BrBlack

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had a GF 2/3 kit on mine for 6-8 years i think. Over 100,000km on it for sure. Never an issue. The shocks are ok but do wear out quick. I think that similar to most lowering kits though. Did add OEM 2wd spindles to the front so I could get closer to a 3/3. Other things to consider if you go this route are, F150 front end links, upgraded panhard bar and a better rear sway bar.

With a set of Airlift helper bags your truck will still be a truck. My truck tows for 70% of its use.

Check this out from the lowered 4x4 thread. Only thing missing is the 22" summer wheels and 2 dirt bikes in the truck.

Kicking off another camping season.

View attachment 211142

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
If you tow, I would consider a Timber Grove rear airbag spring replacement. Not cheap but better than a regular spring...
I am working on putting together my own "kit" for a 3/5 drop

Crown Suspension Front Springs 3" drop
Timber Grove CRM (Coil Replacement Mount) 5" drop
Core4X4 adjustable rear control arm set and adjustable pan hard bar
last will be some Viking Double adjustable (and rebuildable) shocks

Check out Timber Grove here... there are a couple guys on this board using them
https://timbergroveenterprises.com/0920-ram-1500-crm

*** check out the bottom of the page from the link above, they have a Canadian Specific website

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you tow, I would consider a Timber Grove rear airbag spring replacement. Not cheap but better than a regular spring...
I am working on putting together my own "kit" for a 3/5 drop

Crown Suspension Front Springs 3" drop
Timber Grove CRM (Coil Replacement Mount) 5" drop
Core4X4 adjustable rear control arm set and adjustable pan hard bar
last will be some Viking Double adjustable (and rebuildable) shocks

Check out Timber Grove here... there are a couple guys on this board using them
https://timbergroveenterprises.com/0920-ram-1500-crm

*** check out the bottom of the page from the link above, they have a Canadian Specific website

Does your kit include the brackets to relocate the rear locating arms,if not,they're worth having.The rear suspension geometery really goes out of whack when you lower a 4th gen. I'm running the older Illicit brackets,but the Inez brackets do the same thing .You can see where the arms sit with the brackets in these pics

IMG_3418 (2).JPG

DSCN5256 (2).JPG

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does your kit include the brackets to relocate the rear locating arms,if not,they're worth having.The rear suspension geometery really goes out of whack when you lower a 4th gen. I'm running the older Illicit brackets,but the Inez brackets do the same thing .You can see where the arms sit with the brackets in these pics

View attachment 231823

View attachment 231824
Beautiful truck. I have the same kit. Those relo brackets are crucial in recentering the rear wheels. I have the original illict brackets as well.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Beautiful truck. I have the same kit. Those relo brackets are crucial in recentering the rear wheels. I have the original illict brackets as well.

Thanks only bad thing is it's bright red and it sticks out like a sore thumb to any mountie,lol
Yea they're good for recentering the rear tires,but more importantly they help bring the rear suspension goemetery back into spec to where the instant center helps plant the rear tires again.If you lower a 4th gen and don't relocate the arms,the instant center ends up about 3 ft in the ground just ahead of the tires,which isn't gonna do a thing for planting the tires on launch

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
Does your kit include the brackets to relocate the rear locating arms,if not,they're worth having.The rear suspension geometery really goes out of whack when you lower a 4th gen. I'm running the older Illicit brackets,but the Inez brackets do the same thing.

With the adjustable Core4X4 arms, I was going to see if it will be OK without the brackets. If not I will probably have a shop fab some custom brackets on the axle. The relocation brackets look thin compared to the factory metal and I may have a custom rear bag mount made at the same time.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Are the relocation brackets needed for a 3 inch drop in the rear? Or is just for 4 inch and lower? Asking for future reference.

Depends more on the truck then anything.If you encounter a high speed sway or bad wheelhop after lowering,then the brackets are worth looking into.You can band-aid the wheelhop issues with aftermarket control arms,but they're only a band-aid fix. The local ALX group holds a weekly Wed night meet in Airdrie once the weather and roads are better.My truck is usually at the meets if you want to look over the brackets on it,i'm only a block away from the meets,lol.Check out the ALX facebook page for when the meets start back up.They're in the Canadian Tire/ Marks /Timmies parking lot on the north side of Airdrie in the summer.

LuFc92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds good, I have a quad cab and read that 2 inch rear lowering springs don't give it the full drop compared to the crew cab because of the weight so was looking at 3 inch crown springs instead.

I'm back in Edmonton for the time being but hoping to be back in Calgary come the summer time so hopefully i can get out!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Sounds good, I have a quad cab and read that 2 inch rear lowering springs don't give it the full drop compared to the crew cab because of the weight so was looking at 3 inch crown springs instead.

I'm back in Edmonton for the time being but hoping to be back in Calgary come the summer time so hopefully i can get out!

My truck makes it to Friday Night Street Legals at Castrol/Nisku fairly often,so it's still easy to look at,lol

LuFc92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I moved here from England 5 years ago and I still cannot believe I haven't made it out to Castrol once!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I moved here from England 5 years ago and I still cannot believe I haven't made it out to Castrol once!

40 bucks and a helmut is all you need to run on Friday nights,it's alot of fun if you've never tried your hand at making a pass before. My wife is in her 50's and races her Challenger as often as she can,if a 50+ year old women can do it,anybody can do it,lol

Mike Thacker

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 RCSB
Engine
HEMI 5.7

View attachment 231824

Are these factory 20" wheels?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are,trucks actually a lowered 4X4 Sport with a grill swap,so those are the factory 20X9 Sport wheels
You went chrome slats to honeycomb, I went honeycomb to chrome slats, lol. Would’ve been a good trade!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
You went chrome slats to honeycomb, I went honeycomb to chrome slats, lol. Would’ve been a good trade!

I liked the airflow to the rad that the honeycomb grill provides over the chrome slat grill,lol.
What it looked like with the original grill.Sports are everywhere in Alberta,lol.

Swift Current Drags 015.JPG

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I liked the airflow to the rad that the honeycomb grill provides over the chrome slat grill,lol.
What it looked like with the original grill.Sports are everywhere in Alberta,lol.

View attachment 239004
There are maybe two sports here, all 4 doors. Only one R/T in town, rest are tradesmen.

I monitored my gauges for a week after the swap and didn’t see any real difference.
I’ve debated swapping back when I repaint the truck and ditch the chrome.
Love the red rig you got!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There are maybe two sports here, all 4 doors. Only one R/T in town, rest are tradesmen.

I monitored my gauges for a week after the swap and didn’t see any real difference.
I’ve debated swapping back when I repaint the truck and ditch the chrome.
Love the red rig you got!

Everything here in Alberta is pretty well a Sport or higher trim level truck,very few tradesmens or slt trucks. R/T's are very rare in Canada,as you can hardly give a 2X4 truck away up here. When i bought my truck,i actaully wanted a R/T ,and had the dealer do a Canada wide search for one,there wasn't one available at any dealer in Canada at that point in time,now i'm glad there wasn't,as that was before the driveshaft issue the 2 wheel regular cab shortbox 8 speed trucks have, had become common knowledge

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963