growling sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crb1077

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Anyone know what the growling sound is?

I have the 2019 Rebel with etorque. Unlike some of the other post, this happens while driving, accelerating, and stoping. It's not continuous. When it does occur, I can put the truck in park and make it happen. Stomping on the gas, doesn't make it go away either. I'm going to try and attach my dash cam vid. It's not very clear, but if you listen closely, it's the reverberation sound (static) that's the growling.

OP
OP
C

crb1077

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
two more vids

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Anyone know what the growling sound is?

I have the 2019 Rebel with etorque. Unlike some of the other post, this happens while driving, accelerating, and stoping. It's not continuous. When it does occur, I can put the truck in park and make it happen. Stomping on the gas, doesn't make it go away either. I'm going to try and attach my dash cam vid. It's not very clear, but if you listen closely, it's the reverberation sound (static) that's the growling.
Hello crb1077,
We certainly understand why this would be concerning! If you're not able to determine a solution based on suggestions from fellow forum members and you decide to address this with your dealer, please let us know via private message. We would be more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.
Laura
RamCares

Slimdawg484

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’ve seen on other forums that it’s an issue with the white noise speakers. The truck pumps white noise into the cab to eliminate road noise. But sometimes there’s an issue and it back feeds engines noise into the cab. It’s an issue with the amp. It can only be diagnosed by the dealer when it’s actually happening because cameras can’t pick up that frequency.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
More than likely an issue with either the active noise cancelling or active vibration canceling. Both of those can act up and cause weird noises or vibrations.