Guys with front plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tinman454

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Watched a video the other day of a new power wagon on truck king. As he’s a fellow Canadian and also lives in my province of Ontario. We have front license plates. He was of course showing off the truck on old logging roads and just regular mild trails. The exact type of stuff I would do nothing too crazy. Well even just doing that little bit he ripped off the front plate they didn’t get it on camera but we’re lucky enough to see it and find the plate. So my question is how many guys remove the bumper skirt and if you have re located the front license plate we’re did you re mount it ? In the pic you can clearly see how easy it is to rip it off. Any help is appreciated thanks.

133B3ECD-0116-4DD5-9A3F-2E3FAA8D2EBC.jpeg

A08785A1-6596-4E5A-82C4-F15EAF58D778.jpeg

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
no front plate needed in Alberta gov to cheap but I am ok with it one less thing for the cops to hassle me about

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yup, I did the same thing. I don't have my real plates yet, but in Colorado, we are supposed to run a front plate.
When I was reading the instructions for the CJC intercooler guard, it said to remove the OEM holder and use the plastic inserts found at any auto parts store to mount a plate using the existing holes.

20210417_133805.jpg

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yup, I did the same thing. I don't have my real plates yet, but in Colorado, we are supposed to run a front plate.
When I was reading the instructions for the CJC intercooler guard, it said to remove the OEM holder and use the plastic inserts found at any auto parts store to mount a plate using the existing holes.

View attachment 246090

so u removed the plastic mount for the plate, yet you are gonna mount the plate in the same spot? I don't get it.

wobly

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
so u removed the plastic mount for the plate, yet you are gonna mount the plate in the same spot? I don't get it.
Mine was removed by going through a steep drop to another road. When I was looking at how to mount the plate differently, I found the CJC instructions.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

LeesEvoX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4l

I kinda did this same thing.

I lost my front plate in the forest on some muddy trails. Went back the next day, and actually found it.

I tossed the stupid plastic holder away, and just mounted the plate directly to the front bumper using some S/S bolt with nylock nuts.

The only benefit is that if you hit something, or drag the front bumper, the plate will bent, and tweak. Rather than just falling off. lol.