H8 Battery DIY for 5.7 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Good pictures and great write up. May be a old thread but the info is good :)
Will go that way when it is time

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My H7 AGM died (dead dead, replaced under warranty at purchase price) yesterday so I decided to perform the H8 upgrade . Great write up...in my case all I had to do was remove the battery tray H7 adapter and the H8 dropped right in with and the wires reached the terminals without issue (maybe the AGM is shorter?). I haven't had the battery blanket in a while but I might purchase the H8 part you listed just because.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I can't speak to that.
I have 2 or 3 battery chargers, 2 of them are 2/6/12 AMP chargers
i also have 2 Jump Paks

I wanted something that would charge Lithium Batteries

Just recently, i bought a NOCO

GENIUS2, 2A Smart Car Battery Charger, 6V and 12V Automotive Charger, Battery Maintainer, Trickle Charger, Float Charger and Desulfator for Motorcycle, ATV, Lithium and Deep Cycle Batteries​

including flooded, gel, AGM, SLA, VRLA and maintenance-free, plus lithium-ion batteries (lifepo4).

I may also buy NOCO Genius 5 or 10, if one of my others goes INOP

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Can I use a battery maintainer on a lithium battery?

d9GcQDzS5o5LgT_OVbqZGXeuv3kHu4iYHs4AzthRcQku152g&s.jpg

It is likely that it will not keep it completely full, however, if the maintainer is specifically designed for lead-acid. If, however, you are using a lithium battery without a BMS, then do not try and connect a battery maintainer as it could cause an unsafe scenario.

Lithium Battery companies seem to vary about using Battery Maintainers & Lithium batteries