Had her less than 24hrs and back to the dealer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I got my 2019 yesterday and I will agree a bit with the AC. I’m 6’2” 200 lbs but just run hot all the time. The lowest AC temperature leaves a little to be desired.

Now I will say it’s not gloom and doom to me.

Does it get cold? Yes
Does it take a littler longer than expected? Yes
Have I had other cars that were colder? Yes
Does it ruin the truck for me or am I sweating in it while driving? Not at all.

Personally I hope the AC is something that gets looked into but currently it’s not going to ruin my experience. If anything my wife is happy since I won’t have her freezing each time she gets in haha.

NCRaineman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my 2019 yesterday and I will agree a bit with the AC. I’m 6’2” 200 lbs but just run hot all the time. The lowest AC temperature leaves a little to be desired.

I've not had any newer vehicle with A/C as good as the old ones from the 80's that still used Freon. The A/C in my '88 Chevy 1500 beater will grow icicles on your nose. New stuff is supposedly better for the environment but it doesn't work half as well.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Now I will say it’s not gloom and doom to me.

Does it get cold? Yes
Does it take a littler longer than expected? Yes
Have I had other cars that were colder? Yes
Does it ruin the truck for me or am I sweating in it while driving? Not at all.

Personally I hope the AC is something that gets looked into but currently it’s not going to ruin my experience. If anything my wife is happy since I won’t have her freezing each time she gets in haha.
Great post. I agree on all points. I did have the sunroof tinted yesterday and it helps keeping the truck cooled down.
With that said I just drove 300 miles round trip and it was a pleasure to drive. I was actually sad when I arrived home. Wanted to keep driving :) this truck is a luxury car with a bed on it. So smooth on the highway. No fstigue at all.

Last edited:

Ryelinek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Great post. I agree on all points. I did have the sunroof tinted yesterday and it helps keeping the truck cooled down.
With that said I just drove 300 miles round trip and it was a pleasure to drive. I was actually sad when I arrived home. Wanted to keep driving :) this truck is a luxury car with a bed on it. So smooth on the highway. No fstigue at all.

I hear ya. I’ve been driving non stop in my Limited since yesterday when I picked it up. Can’t get enough haha.

Making trips to Lowe’s for crap I don’t need and other errands just to go places haha.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi

Keep us updated on how the sunroof tin holds up. A couple of installers did not want anything to do with tinting my F150 pano-roof.

OP
OP
B

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Keep us updated on how the sunroof tin holds up. A couple of installers did not want anything to do with tinting my F150 pano-roof.
Will do. I did use ceramic nano and was told I had a lifetime warranty. I’m sure it will also help that my truck sits in the carport 5days a week. So that will help I’m sure with longevity.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^ The installers weren't sure how the glass would interact with the tint being aimed straight up and unsure of what type of glass is used in the sun roofs. I'm sure it's lighter weight than the windshield. Probably just gun-shy. This was almost 3 years ago now.

The Gibson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
The AC in my old 2017 GM 1500 would freeze you in minutes. The AC in my 2019 Ram 1500 seems to not get cold. I certainly hope it's not normal. It is over 100 here all summer.

I went back and read a few pages of this thread. I hope that this well known problem with the AC gets resolved properly.

My work commute is 15 minutes. My AC cannot get cold enough in that amount of time in this truck, but again, the GM AC certainly did. There is something wrong and FCA needs to figure it out.

Last edited: