Halogen lights. Are they really that bad??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spend 75% of my driving time in the dark and on rural roads and always watching for hogs & deer. I never realized the difference between halogen and LED's until I was sitting next to a similar 2018 Ram, at night, and saw the difference in the dull yellowish lighting of mine next to his crisp white lighting, so I followed him into a resturaunt parking lot and asked which LED's he was using. I found them online and purchased low beam high beam and fogs all in LED and I will never go back to halogen.
anybody driving in rural TX would appreciate having LED, lol. More than a few times have locked up the tires. Driving old Crown Vics with sorry a z z lighting, I got a Hog and a Deer in my resume, LOL.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Halogens are junk IMHO. That's the first mod I ever do to any vehicle, upgrade the lighting. LED or HID, whichever will work better with the housings. Just did all of them in my '17 Sport, Auxito low/high 9005s and aftermarket fog housings with built in LEDs. The output is awesome, I need to remember to get a picture of it
IMG_6067.JPG

JJEH

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
anybody driving in rural TX would appreciate having LED, lol. More than a few times have locked up the tires. Driving old Crown Vics with sorry a z z lighting, I got a Hog and a Deer in my resume, LOL.
That's where it comes in handy. My old Ram had only Halogens and it was fine. Of course, if you drive a lot at night and rural, absolutely, upgrade to LED and keep drilling holes into the night!!

Spree

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought my 17 about one year ago and I couldn't hardly see anything at night with the halogens. The first thing I did was swap them out for LED's. Most of my driving is at night. Now I can see everything, even in the rain.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oohh...I hate them little sumbi*****..they been tearin my yard up lately...their gonna wish I don't come across them doing it.

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Halogens are junk IMHO. That's the first mod I ever do to any vehicle, upgrade the lighting. LED or HID, whichever will work better with the housings. Just did all of them in my '17 Sport, Auxito low/high 9005s and aftermarket fog housings with built in LEDs. The output is awesome, I need to remember to get a picture of it
View attachment 517470
Looks clean. Should try HID kit in those projectors, LED’s don’t “project” as well in that housing. And with the fog light drop out option on AlfaOBD..crazy bright.

TotallyHucked

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport CCLWB
Engine
Looks clean. Should try HID kit in those projectors, LED’s don’t “project” as well in that housing. And with the fog light drop out option on AlfaOBD..crazy bright.
I debated, but I did this same brand in my Ford Fusion with factory projectors and was impressed. I may try some HIDs too to compare but I’m very happy with these Auxito’s. They finally got the LED design/chip placement very close to the placement of the filament of a halogen so they work well.
F3713670-0DC6-4D33-AD1C-15C6753C7860.png

DodgeV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 4X4
Engine
5.7 V8
I had Auxito for my low beam in my 2015 Dodge Ram 2500 quad lights. Kept getting people flashing there brights at me. Tried to lower them as much as possible. Still got flashed. The LED's output and spread is great. Getting consistently flashed back and being blinded by the other driver, not so much. If the light was halogen in the begining, then LED retro fits will fit, but not work well as I found out. Went back to halogen lightning and re aimed the lights. The yellow tint of the halogen lights is better in poor weather. Snow, Rain, fog anyways. The best lights are yellow in that weather which I have in my LED fog lights. I did however, put in LED's in the high beams. THAT was a game changer for off road and rural roads and the occasional rude driver.

Justin33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I spend 75% of my driving time in the dark and on rural roads and always watching for hogs & deer. I never realized the difference between halogen and LED's until I was sitting next to a similar 2018 Ram, at night, and saw the difference in the dull yellowish lighting of mine next to his crisp white lighting, so I followed him into a resturaunt parking lot and asked which LED's he was using. I found them online and purchased low beam high beam and fogs all in LED and I will never go back to halogen.
So what brand were they?