Hamburger Superchargers?

Discussion in 'Engine & Performance' started by ScLeCo, Aug 14, 2019.

Sponsored By: Moe's Performance
  1. ScLeCo

ScLeCo Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    Wild one and huntergreen like this.
  2. Fast69Mopar

Fast69Mopar Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    Looks like a pretty decent kit. I would ask them if they are decedevelo or have developed a Stage 2 or Stage 3 kit for the off-chance you want more power in the future. I mean, who doesn't want more power. That's rhetorical in the Mopar Realm.

Lucy Girl likes this.
  3. ScLeCo

ScLeCo Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    The only thing is I'd be worried about is belt slip with this kit. The ProCharger kit comes with a jig to drill the crank to install a pin. Although with the $2500 dollars saved I'm sure I could figure something out.

4. ScLeCo

ScLeCo Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    So it's a rebranded Rotrex head unit.
    They're spinning it way faster to make up for the smaller size.
    The supplied intercooler looks too small to handle the extra heat that will be generated.
    Interesting.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  5. hoe...

hoe... Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I've had a couple of rotrex superchargers on bikes, excellent kits.
    No problems at all on triumph Thunderbird and rocket 3.

Im considering one of their Harley m8 114 kits, that'll make my fat bob about 75% as powerful as my turbo Thunderbird.....

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

6. MaxSteel2013

MaxSteel2013 Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I'll send you my jig and Whipple would probably send a couple new pins. The Edelbrock had one pin too.

ScLeCo likes this.
  7. Tach_tech

Tach_tech Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    Do they actually unlock your PCM if required? It doesn’t say that anywhere, just calibration which would be the tune.

I’d make sure to pin the crank even if the kit doesn’t come with it. Last thing you want is to spin the balancer on the crank.

Looks like a decent kit. It’s just shy of the numbers whipple advertises. You’d still have to buy spark plugs though.

tidefan1967 and huntergreen like this.
  8. ScLeCo

ScLeCo Member Military

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    I contacted them.
    You ship them your PCM but they do unlock and program it for you. The spark plugs and injectors are included in the kit as well.
    I would pin the crank for sure and upgrade the intercooler.
    I have a 3" Plazmaman intercooler from my Evo that I wonder if I could make work somehow.

9. Fast69Mopar

Fast69Mopar Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7 HEMI
    I thought I had put more in my post but I guess I hit the button while I was asleep.

I would definitely pin the harmonic balancer to prevent any type of slippage. One of the Whipple or Edelbrock jigs will do the trick.

I would also upgrade the intercooler with an air-to-water setup with an ice-water tank in the rear. I am actually building a one-off setup for one of my trucks that uses the factory A/C setup like GuitarmageddonZL1 from YouTube and the setup he has on his Camaro. I'm adding an ice-water tank in the bed but on the inside of my tank is an evaporator submerged in water that is circulated by a 2002 DN coolant pump. I'm doing the R&D to see what kind of temps I can get the circulating water down to.

When it comes to the PCM unlock, if it is included in the price I would allow them to unlock my PCM and install their proprietary tune. Then, once installed I would call my favorite tuner and set up some Dyno time to verify the tune is correct so you don't blow the damn thing up. I'm really picky when it comes to tuning. If I don't have HP Tuners open in front of me to see what is happening then I don't feel comfortable. If I'm not doing the tuning I want the tune checked by a professional.

tidefan1967 likes this.
  10. Tach_tech

Tach_tech Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L HEMI
    I definitely agree with not just using their tune forever. Sure it’ll get it running and driving and go like stink but it’s impossible for them to make you a tune that’s going to be 100% out of the box.

It will most likely be quite a bit on the rich side, to try and make it a little safer. That’s how the whipple tunes are.

Custom tune preferably on the road is the best way to go. That way you can get the best driveability, fuel mileage, and power that’s safe.

tidefan1967 likes this.