Harbor freight jackstand recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, reminded me of all the praise those Jack stands got on this forum....

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NOV87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Just returned mine today. Asked if they will go with a different brand (other than Pittsburg). The answer was no.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I have 8 or 9 of these HFT jack stands. I've never had any kind of problems with them. I've put some serious weight on them too.
I'm not saying you should keep or return the stands. I'm saying that if taken care of then no problem.

Blue Mule

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I have 8 or 9 of these HFT jack stands. I've never had any kind of problems with them. I've put some serious weight on them too.
I'm not saying you should keep or return the stands. I'm saying that if taken care of then no problem.

Blue Mule

If I read the recall correctly it has little to do with care and a lot to do with old tooling that is causing the issue. I would think the older the stands the less likely they are to fail but I have four of them from about 2013 or so and they are going back.

I will certainly agree items like this deserve good care as a failure under any circumstances is not what you want to happen.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
If I read the recall correctly it has little to do with care and a lot to do with old tooling that is causing the issue. I would think the older the stands the less likely they are to fail but I have four of them from about 2013 or so and they are going back.

I will certainly agree items like this deserve good care as a failure under any circumstances is not what you want to happen.
I don't remember how old mine are but I know I've had most of them over 15 years my 6 ton is about 2 years old.
And your correct about the tooling being the problem.

Blue Mule

reek

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 CC 4x4, 72 D100, 73 D100, 01 RAM 2500 field truck
Engine
6.4 Hemi
gotta check my stands. they're about 12 years old. I've had a Chevelle on 4 of these stands for a better part of 2 years no problems. but if they fall within the recall, I'll be returning them. Gravity always wins.

dls56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just took two pair of 6 ton stands back to HF yesterday. I got $84 and change on a gift card. But spent $119 and change on two new pairs from Amazon. With that said I appreciate the recall (heads up) better safe than sorry. The new stands are also 6 ton and have a second safety devise. No hard feelings here I know it's not a perfect world, far from it. Have a great Memorial Day weekend.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Crap... I've got six 3-ton and four 6-ton stands. I noticed on the 6-tons that I would have to "massage" the cams into place as I lowered the load onto them. I never had one slip on me but certainly would have if I had not noticed the really sloppy cam action. Chalk it up to being observant when getting ready to crawl under an 8000 pound truck supported by a couple of stands.

I'll be checking the part numbers on my jacks tomorrow and taking a trip on down to the Harbor...

Update!! Woot! All my 3-ton jacks were not from HF and the 6-ton jacks are the "new" ones that are not a part of the recall... But... Was really kinda looking forward to turning them all in and buying a half dozen of the 12-ton jacks... Oh well... LOL

Last edited: