Harbor Freight tool chests?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badger 13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Dodge Ram 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would also be looking at your local craigslist for used Snap-on, Matco, or Mac toolboxes as well. Whatever route you go, think about going bigger then what your thinking...

Race Dad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
I just sold 4 Matco and one Snap On box to consolidate into a US General 72 in set up. Box is well build but you sure don’t want to move it when it is full. One thing I didn’t like about the Yukon was the drawer locks as I bought and additional 44 in US General for another location where it may be wheeled around a bit.

BossHogg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
There is a sea of YouTube videos comparing the various brands, Harbor Freight's U.S. General fares well. In total, I have 5 rolling cabinets, two with top chests and side chests that I've acquired over the past several years. I have yet to have a single issue with any of them. While not used in a commercial business, they are used daily.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When I worked as a professional mechanic I saw all these guys in the dealership by Snap On or MAC boxes.
Back than Craftsman made boxes in America.
45 years later have the same Craftsman.
I bought Snap On, MAC and Old USA Craftsman tools and put them in these Craftsman boxes.
Snap On and MAC boxes are quite nice.
I rather spend the money on quality tools than a box that is a fortune.
I myself am thinking of the new Harbor Freight tool boxes as I ran out of room after 45 years. This ICON BOXES are nice and way cheaper than Snap On and MAC.

https://www.harborfreight.com/icon-tool-storage

Cableman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So i picked up the husky 52" industrial tool chest, plastic casters! Put some weight in it and listen to it squeak as the bottom frame flexes by the casters!

Needless to say i returned it 6 days later and ordered the 44" top, bottom and 14" side us general in black!
Its built much better then the husky which was also 18ga, crazy.
The husky is a car frame and the us general is a truck frame, best way to explain it.

Last edited:

adam ant

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0-liter V6 EcoDiesel
I love my Harbor Freight General toolbox for the money I paid it's a great toolbox for use at home. Lots of room for tools
When I worked in a machine shop used a Kennedy toolbox.
toolbox.jpgtoolbox.jpg

OP
OP
T

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Finally got a tool chest. Had to order it from Harbor Freight to get one in green and it took a couple of months with the way things are now but I'm happy with it. Now I just need to start sorting and organizing.

Attachments

• Tool chest.jpg
    Tool chest.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 4

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Craftsman did not make roll away toolboxes, that i recall
Look at the bottom right side ledge
A company that makes the best Machinists tool Boxes makes them
I don't know what company makes the top boxes or the 1020 craftsman boxes, because i never looked for the stamps