hard folding cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evostevo777

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys and girls I’m looking for a bed cover thats hard material and can fold. I was looking at the gator fx3 however you can’t close the tailgate without opening the bed cover first. I’m now looking at the bakflip mx4 and the undercover ultra flex. Anyone recommend one brand over the other the pros and cons would be great.

Thanks

Last edited:

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the BakFlip VP and still working well after 4 years. The tailgate needs to be closed before lowering last panel, but that has never bothered me.

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
I have the ultraflex and have had no issues with it. old pictures, but the tonneau is the same.

tonneau mod.jpg

shadowhawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Black metallic 2016 Sport- born 05/2016
Engine
hemi 5.7 with I2 tune
bought it in November.

JOHRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel 3.0
I have an Xtang Solid Fold 2 and it works great. No complaints here. My wife can even get up and walk on it.

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up the Lomax on Amazon for $730... and it took about a whole 5 mins to install it with a friend holding the rails...
Here are a few images on it right now. One of the main reason why I chose this Lomax was that I could wrap it in vinyl to match the Hydro Blue cheaply instead of having it painted.
The love the low profile and you can close it with the tailgate either opened or closed.

20180807_140913.jpg

20180807_140927.jpg

20180807_140938.jpg

20180807_140949.jpg

20180807_140952.jpg

khigh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Anyone have a bed cover from Peragon?

Aluminum, made in the USA - I'm intrigued. I also like the very much smaller panels than normal, and the ease of removal.

https://www.peragon.com/

khigh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
They were in line with what I've been seeing at a truck accessory centers. they sent me a $50 coupon after I abandoned my cart. And free shipping.

So $719 shipped for a 2015 black with no upgrades.

Another thing is if you fold them all the way but don't remove them, they're inside the bed - not sticking up. And since they fold at the front, you can fold up there and just stick say 3" of something out the back without having to fold back a trifold panel.

Another selling point they mention is "no noise", but whenever I ask local places about hard cover noise, they say that's not a thing.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have the BakFlip VP and still working well after 4 years. The tailgate needs to be closed before lowering last panel, but that has never bothered me.
I have the VP as well and can't recommend it. It looks good from the outside but underneath it is falling apart. It also has their shortest warranty...

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the VP as well and can't recommend it. It looks good from the outside but underneath it is falling apart. It also has their shortest warranty...

That's interesting. Maybe you open and close yours more often. Mine sometimes goes two or three weeks without being opened and the underside still looks good.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's interesting. Maybe you open and close yours more often. Mine sometimes goes two or three weeks without being opened and the underside still looks good.
Maybe, it started at the seals between panels separating. It rains a lot in St. Louis at times so it's possible the weight of the water aided it. It's now duct taped in portions but it's still dry so that's a plus!

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
the Lomax seems to be the most popular among RAM owners. cant go wrong with all others mentioned in this thread tho.

Message me if you would like a quote on any bed covers. We offer them and discounts to all members here!

jouart

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Fold a cover g4 elite I love it. Quad fold front flip

7CBA25C4-B42C-4EFC-9A88-F2B32E8FB02D.jpeg

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I have had two Undercover Flex’s and just recently purchased a MX4. I did not have the Ultra models. My first one was for an F150. Fit was great and looked as good as the day I put it on after 2 years in the Arizona sun. Second one was for my 2016 Big Horn and the top looked more silver than black after its first summer due to the paint fading or coming off.

I haven’t really had enough time with the MX4 to know how it might hold up but if the main difference between the flex and the ultra flex is that you can close the tailgate without lifting the cover I would buy the Undercover Ultra over the MX4 (I am not sure but I don’t think it was available when I was looking, or I just missed it).

Solely based on the fact that I don’t like resting the cover against the cab when I need the whole bed. I know there are foam bumpers but I just don’t like the idea of it rubbing while driving or just leaving it open when the kids want to play in the back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hiflya

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel

Aluminum, made in the USA - I'm intrigued. I also like the very much smaller panels than normal, and the ease of removal.

I've had my Peragon unit for 7 years and it's now on my second 1500. As others have said, it folds up tight onto the rear of the bed so it makes it easy to use the bed open or closed. When I need those extra 4" in the bed, it takes a couple minutes to take it out. The only drawback might be that you can't stand on it.

oldcaptainrusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I have had the paragon for about 18 months on a 16 Ram 4 door, and have been real pleased with it. I wanted a folding metal cover that could be easily removed if needed, it fills the bill well. As far as price goes it was the best I could find for a metal cover and was considerably less than local shops. It installed easily and is rock solid. The finish has held up well in this FL environment. It is easily removed when needed. I highly recommend it.

Longhorn45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have the Peragon Cover. It's well made and has served me well. I bought it due to the fact that while open, it does not block vision out the back due to it folding down into the bed. However, the ONLY complaint I have is due to the fact that it folds down into the bed. If you travel with tall items in the bed (5gal Bucket, Suitcase, etc.) and the cover closed and those items get pushed up the the cab side of the bed, you cannot retract the cover. With the panels being approximately a foot each, they slide down a rail into the bed, meaning they need a foot of clearance to retract into the bed. I've had both the above mentioned items do this and subsequently had to crawl under the cover to remove them. I've considered putting a bar across this area to prevent that in the future, but its not everyday occurrence.