Hard low profile tonneau for 2019's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm thinking of picking up the Bakflip MX4.

I have a brand new uninstalled Mopar soft (82215254), but might just try and sell it and go with a Bakflip. Wish I didn't buy the Mopar one since I don't think they're easy to sell but I'm thinking about it still.
Mine will be here Wednesday

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's very odd...like I said, it barely sat on the bed rail and I'm talking like a fingernail maybe. I didn't feel good about that. I admit you get nice things with it like the carpet and lights, but I couldn't deal with the horrible sit it had.

Truthfully, maybe mine only sits on the bed rail barely.......I don't know enough about them to know if this is normal. I'm so used to fiberglass covers. But I looked at a lot of them, at work (parking lot) and a lot of my neighbors and they didn't seem to go onto the bed rail that far.....no more than an inch or so for bakflips and flexes. I'm not sure why the would go any further. I do know, but it rained for hours and hours and very hard and traffic was at a stand still on I95 and I40......and my bed was dry. That's enough for me.

Mine sits on the bracket that installs inside the bed/up against the bedrail and the only thing that really goes over the bedrail any "significant"distance is the gasket. I would go out and take a better look, but I don't want to start second guessing the fit......it looks normal and things were dry.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Decided to go with the Revolver X4. Should be here this week.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just about to order one - pls keep us posted on price and install....

I live in Canada so price isn't relevant but I'll let you know about the install.

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well the install didn’t go great.

The rails were gouging my tailgate plastic cap with the shims and without the shims it sits too high and doesn’t seal.

Also I can not get it to securely latch. No matter how much or little I move it either the right or left side pops up with a slight bit of force.

I fought with it for a couple of hours and just going to have a specialty place look at it tomorrow.

Installing the revolver x2 on my f150 was a 20 minute process no issue. (also with spray in bed liner). Not sure why this one is so difficult.

Flot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Well the install didn’t go great.

I fought with it for a couple of hours and just going to have a specialty place look at it tomorrow.

Thanks for that feedback. I really like the design of the revolver but reviews have been pretty hit or miss. You're sure they sent you the right part # for the 2019s?

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah definitely the right part number. I have a local shop looking at it today so I’ll update later.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really think I give up on this. My new MX4 looked great on. Then it rained. Entire bed along the sides soaked. It looks like there was nothing stopping the water from coming in from the sides. Water everywhere. Going to be returning this too. Sigh....

dmalonecentral

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI® V8
I really think I give up on this. My new MX4 looked great on. Then it rained. Entire bed along the sides soaked. It looks like there was nothing stopping the water from coming in from the sides. Water everywhere. Going to be returning this too. Sigh....

That’s too bad. I went through a car wash the other day with a load of Costco groceries in boxes in the bed and went home straight away and didn’t see a drop in the bed. I live in Phoenix though and my cover is less about keeping moisture out and more about keeping my golf clubs safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That’s too bad. I went through a car wash the other day with a load of Costco groceries in boxes in the bed and went home straight away and didn’t see a drop in the bed. I live in Phoenix though and my cover is less about keeping moisture out and more about keeping my golf clubs safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have no idea unless my bed was assembled on a Friday cause every cover seems to barely fit. This one sits about 1/4" an the sides. Either way, bed is soaked.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Did you install the drain hoses?

Doxmia

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah definitely the right part number. I have a local shop looking at it today so I’ll update later.

After having a shop take a look at it, they felt like the shims included were not adequate. Luckily they had tons of shims from tons of different kits and installted it and it fits like a glove. Works perfectly, locks, opens easily, is about as "sealed"as you can ask for. Really happy with it.

I had the X2 on my F150 and really happy with the matte finish of the X4 revolver.

Flot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
After having a shop take a look at it, they felt like the shims included were not adequate. Luckily they had tons of shims from tons of different kits and installted it and it fits like a glove. Works perfectly, locks, opens easily, is about as "sealed"as you can ask for. Really happy with it.

I've never installed one, it would be great if you could provide a little more info on that - any pics of the finished setup?

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I put on the revolver X4 and had the same issue at first. The problem is the bed cap flange is not a toleranced part, it is all bent up. I had to wrap a crescent wrench with tape and work it back true. The I took the end of the rails and tweaked them until they just barely cleared the bed cap. I think fault lies with both RAM and BAK. Ram should do a cleaner job with the bed metal even if you cannot see it, and BAK should of realized this was not toleranced.
IMG_20180524_2127458.jpg
IMG_20180524_2127336.jpg

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI

After our heavy rain last night I went and checked my Bakflip MX4 and my bed was completely dry. Now my interior on the other hand is something different.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wish I knew why mine doesn't fit. Has to be an issue somewhere. Service cover, same problem.... Neither overhang worth a damn meaning water goes from lip under rsil and leaks.

IMG_20180716_172848.jpg

IMG_20180716_172906_1.jpg