Hard low profile tonneau for 2019's.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I just tried installing the BakFlip MX4 I received yesterday and the holes for the bolts that hold the small flap that rests against the cab are not drilled properly. Have emailed bakindustries for help. The bolts won’t go in unless I drill through the hard plastic.
IMG_0578.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well I’m sure that I speak for All when I say that’s just jacked up !!! Wish you well towards a quick solution as shipping things back to me is a pain in the keister.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I just tried installing the BakFlip MX4 I received yesterday and the holes for the bolts that hold the small flap that rests against the cab are not drilled properly. Have emailed bakindustries for help. The bolts won’t go in unless I drill through the hard plastic.
View attachment 135224

Just saw this. I picked up the Mopar version when I got my truck yesterday. Same issue, the bolt holes were off and I couldn't drop the hold down bolts through. All I did was drill out the hole in the plastic spacer. All good after.

IMG_20180724_191243138.jpg

Looks brownish in the picture. It's getting some reflection off my house, I guess.

Kevin1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Bak Industries requested my serial number, photos and proof of purchase. That plastic piece must give some reinforcement since it is riveted on. They said they would need to replace the panels. Hoping to hear back today from them as to when they can ship the new panels out.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Please keep us informed as to what they say. If mine starts giving me issues, I’ll be returning it and going back to my Undercover one when they come out.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Get this....so been working back and forth with auto anything on my mx4...for the leaks. Their solution... Paint on it to show proof of destroying it. I asked 3x in an email on that. Yup. Even called. Destroy a $900 cover? Yup. So I did. Of course I could just reinstall it when some paint on it lol.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just saw this. I picked up the Mopar version when I got my truck yesterday. Same issue, the bolt holes were off and I couldn't drop the hold down bolts through. All I did was drill out the hole in the plastic spacer. All good after.

View attachment 135314

Looks brownish in the picture. It's getting some reflection off my house, I guess.
I can't find a part number for Mopar... You have it?

Kevin1022

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Please keep us informed as to what they say. If mine starts giving me issues, I’ll be returning it and going back to my Undercover one when they come out.

BAK Industries is making a new cover for me which takes 2-3 days. Then I’ll get a tracking number for it.

Sportznut

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In the Mopar hard tonneau thread.

OEM part number 82215227AB
I called the dealer where I bought my truck yesterday. They said they would not have this part until November 11th. The good thing is it was only $650 after my 10% rewards discount but I may go ahead and buy the undercover ultraflex because I am impatient.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Alfonzo409

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 eTorque
I have the backflip on my GMC and when in the upright position, the rods will not hold it secure enough at highway speeds. The wind always pushes the cover away from the cab and it slams back against the cab when I slow down. No matter how much I tighten down on the rods it never works right. The rods need to be longer and should go to the top of the panels. This would give more leverage against the wind and help keep it against the cab. It doesn’t look like they changed the design from the model I have. So, I would go with the Lomax over the Backflip when I get one for my new Laramie when it shows up. At least the Lomax cover can be removed quickly when necessary.

I also like some of the hard roll up covers but the canister takes up some valuable space at the front of the box.

Decisions decisions....

Randy Grant

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
0411191823a.jpg
Hey Guys and Girls,
Anyone know if anyone is offering a low profile hard tonneau for the 2019's yet? I've gone to sites that say they have them, but all they show are generic pics on Ford F150's, lol. Had the BAK Industries Bakflip on my 2015 and liked it. Any ideas or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance, Vince
Look up the Paragon cover

WyoRooster74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
I have decided to go with the fold-a-cover G4 Elite. It's a four panel system that operates similar to the bakflip, except that the front panel opens in the reverse direction and locks independently. I plan on placing this over a Decked system and placing a vertical divider at the rear of the front opening panel, which would allow me to use it as a toolbox, and still allow enough room between the decked and the G4 behind the divider for my Little Giant ladder, luggage, rifle cases, etc. Check out the reviews on YouTube.

~Rooster

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye