Hard Tonneau Covers ... Looking for Recommendations, Reviews, Opinions....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

A lot of PPL laugh at me and tell me how much I could have saved buying from like a 3rd party and all, but the ABOVE is exactly why I got my full cover from Dealer. NE issues, and they have to deal with it. The only other way would be from a truck accessory place that does all this for a living and gets all the shipments, etc. Sorry U had to put up with all that bad service (ref parts delivered etc), but at least BAK FLIP by your own account has great customer service.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
A lot of PPL laugh at me and tell me how much I could have saved buying from like a 3rd party and all, but the ABOVE is exactly why I got my full cover from Dealer. NE issues, and they have to deal with it. The only other way would be from a truck accessory place that does all this for a living and gets all the shipments, etc. Sorry U had to put up with all that bad service (ref parts delivered etc), but at least BAK FLIP by your own account has great customer service.

Thanks. Yea I can’t praise their CS more then I already am, each phone call was maybe 4-5 minutes Max. As soon as I said what was wrong their response was ok we will send out new stuff, first the installation parts, then an entirely new cover and kit. Not very many companies would do this and even if they would, you usually have to have multiple interactions, calling and speaking to multiple people and practically begging for a replacement. Atleast in my experience that is how is normally goes with truck part company’s. So it was nice and refreshing to see a company who stands by their products from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DHC4570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I must sincerely apologize for being too lazy to read through seven pages of posts to see if somebody already posted this... I am on my second Diamondback cover. I had a Tacoma for a year and while I really liked that truck, I ended up needing to replace my tow vehicle and it was easier to trade it in with the Tacoma. I now have a 2500 Laramie 4x4 6.4 Hemi. I put the HD Diamondback on it as I tend to use it to make runs to the feed store for bales of grass and alfalfa as well as bags of feed. The HD can hold 1600 lb which means I can stack five or six 100lb bales on top without an issue. More if I'm willing to cargo strap them down. As far as a tonneau cover goes, these are the best you can get you can afford them.

I realize I'm probably a day late and a dollar short but this is for anyone else maybe interested.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Thanks. Yea I can’t praise their CS more then I already am, each phone call was maybe 4-5 minutes Max. As soon as I said what was wrong their response was ok we will send out new stuff, first the installation parts, then an entirely new cover and kit. Not very many companies would do this and even if they would, you usually have to have multiple interactions, calling and speaking to multiple people and practically begging for a replacement. Atleast in my experience that is how is normally goes with truck part company’s. So it was nice and refreshing to see a company who stands by their products from the start.
Truxedo is that way too. When I got my hard rollup Sentry cover from them, they had the wrong rails in it for my Rambox truck. Quick call and they overnighted them to me. Very impressed.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I have a hard roll cover on my Ram. Truxedo Sentry. I've had it about a year and really like it. Easy to roll up, very protective and it can be removed completely by just sliding 2 latches (once it's rolled up). Sometimes I need the entire bed, so that was a key feature to me.
How do the sides secure being a rollup?

I like the look of the Tuxedo Sentry CT with the canvas top cover...

Last edited:

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
How do the sides secure being a rollup?

I like the look of the Tuxedo Sentry CT with the canvas top cover...
Velcro all the way down the sides and latches in the middle and by the tailgate. You don't have to unlatch the middle ones separately to roll it up. Those unlatch as you roll the cover up.

I thought about the canvas looking one, but was worried it would stain easier.

mighty noid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Hydro Blue 2018 4x2 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lomax tri-fold that I had vinyl matched

Attachments

• 20210806_174902.jpg
    20210806_174902.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210808_090354.jpg
    20210808_090354.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210815_090014.jpg
    20210815_090014.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210815_092837.jpg
    20210815_092837.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 15

wfodave

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I love the factory Ram trifold that came on my 2500. Super easy to remove and very light too. I like it 10 times better than the peragon I had on my F150. Leaked and was a PITA to remove and replace.

backfist

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am a firm believer in the DiamondBack HD. Solid and water tight, excepting powered car washes/dryers.