Hard Water Stains on my Windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zrock

Reaction score
00000 steel wool and chemical guys spot remover works... Nothing would touch my back window and this took it off like nothing.. Go over it with the steel wool and then use the chemical guys for a final clean up..

Intense-Dakota

Landscape and Nature Photographer
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use $0.99 lemon juice and a paper towel. After that, I use glass cleaner to take the lemon juice residue off. Super easy and cheap. No need for fancy chemicals.

shrubs

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
CLR works cleaning my 12 cup glasss coffee pot. Maybe a windshield too. YMMV.

george55378

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, my windshield is literally covered in hard water stains. All "homemade" solutions are just not working for me!
I'm 65 and disabled and unable to use this 0000-steel wool method for that reason. Please tell me something here.
Are there any products on the market today that truly works to dissolve these stains without having to use lots
of physical labor to use? Something that has decent product reviews!
Thanks, appreciate it.
I used dilluted CLR. Worked good.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I used dilluted CLR. Worked good.
I thought of CLR, but I would use caution keeping it away from plastic, rubber, or paint. I''m not sure what it would dop.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 3 June 2018. Now at 84807 miles

ppine

Forester
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 liter diesel
White vinegar and water. I try not to wash my truck at home much because our well water has calcium carbonate in it. The car wash leaves fewer spots. .

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
the easiest and best way to remove hard water spots,i've found, is to go on Amazon and buy a bulk bunch of melamine sponges and a bottle of invisible glass cleaner.spray,wipe with the sponge and dry with a microfiber towel.i guarantee you will never go back to anything else.it's so effortless it's criminal.in case anyone is wondering,melamine sponges are virtually the same thing as magic erasers at a fraction of the cost.

adam ant

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0-liter V6 EcoDiesel
I use Heavy Duty water spot Remover by Chemical Guys which sells at Walmart. Works on glass and metal will not harm paint.