Harman Kardon System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
Is it really a $4k option? Don’t recall paying that much. Don’t forget to subtract the cost of the Level 1 package and net the two out. Want to say the incremental cost is around $2k.
It is when I try to build on their website. And I currently do not see any other way to get the HK except in the Laramie level B equipment package. Might be different actually building it at the dealer.

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes but the Level B package includes all items in the Level A package.

Flynight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Big Horn with the Alpine system, I felt it needed something more, so I spent about $1200 on 6 Kicker speakers, sound deading door wrap and a powered sub woofer and it sounds great. I have yet to hear the Harmon Kardon system but $4000 is a big bite.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
It came in my Longhorn limited. Doesn’t sound very special to me
( the Harmon Kardon)
I also have a rear door speaker that vibrates at certain frequencies! I can’t be bothered to drive and book it into dealer. I’ll do it nearer then warranty expiration.

RigRat

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I haven’t heard the HK system yet myself, but I did order it in my new truck. I am a bit of a car audio junkie, so I’m sure will be good and may need to add something like a sub. I’m not 18 anymore so volume isn’t my goal but I do want quality sound. If I need to add things to get it right I will.

Sksc86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 22 Limited edition with the HK system in it and I think the HK system sounds absolutely phenomenal. I listen to all kinds of music including Electronic/Techno and man, some of those tunes will blow your socks off. Very clear even at high volumes. I believe my HK system is 19 speakers. Not sure where the hell they put them all but I am very impressed.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
My Power Wagon level 3 has the HK system and I find it a nice system and better then what I’ve had before.

BMiller541

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I've had both the Alpine & Hk. Ihave the HK in my current 2019 Powerwagon. It does have a better quality sound over the Alpine, but if looking (dreaming) to my next Ram. I would go with the Alpine, as I'm happy with the quality & don't feel like it's worth investing in the HK.

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
I've had both the Alpine & Hk. Ihave the HK in my current 2019 Powerwagon. It does have a better quality sound over the Alpine, but if looking (dreaming) to my next Ram. I would go with the Alpine, as I'm happy with the quality & don't feel like it's worth investing in the HK.
Kind of what I thought. Nice but not worth all the extra $$$. Thanks

JNelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My wife had the Alpine system in her 2020 Charger and the HK in her new 2022 Laramie. I think the HK sounds better.
Was kind of disappointed when I got in my 2022 2500 CTD Tradesman Level 2 this morning and turned on the radio. To say the least.

JeepLifer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
I have a 22 Limited edition with the HK system in it and I think the HK system sounds absolutely phenomenal. I listen to all kinds of music including Electronic/Techno and man, some of those tunes will blow your socks off. Very clear even at high volumes. I believe my HK system is 19 speakers. Not sure where the hell they put them all but I am very impressed.
I'm a huge electro/techno junkie and it's a must to have speakers that can offer rich bass. I recently ordered a '22 Ram Rebel with the Rebel 2 Tech Group and Rebel 12 options. Been trying to get an understanding of just how good these 19 speakers are, and it seems like the 900 watt-amplifier config is the highest Kardon goes with the various Automakers they work with, which I got on my truck and I think is also in yours'.

Here's the website where they have some more info regarding the location of these speakers: https://www.harmankardon.com/ram.html
1655001695324.png

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
I have the HK in the pickup and in the Cherokee as they came with other options I wanted. Great stereo in both, much better sound than the Alpines I had before and the Alpine I test drove in a 2021 2500 before I ordered my 2500 Laramie. My wife is a big music fan, all types, so well worth it in my opinion.

Zac1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L ETorque
Level B comes with more than HK. All depends on you what type of sound you like. But bigger factor is the deal you make with dealer. Mine came with level B and black eddition. Overall, my price was not much more than 2000. HK, 22" wheels, black addition, running boards, GPS, upograded interior, heated and cooled leather seats front and back, etorque, auto taii gate, storage system, trailer brake, front and rear sensors, auto braking, and many more. But to answer your question I like HK. All depends on you, try both of them.