Has anybody upgraded suspension on their Rebel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've always upgraded my suspension on my trucks. But my 2020 Rebel came with Bilsteins, supposedly 1" higher than stock suspension. They ride nice, but I've got about 35k miles on them now, so only another year or so left before I want to change them. Just wondering if anybody has noticed any significant benefit upgrading to something like Fox 2.0s on a Rebel. I had Fox 2.0s front and back on my 2018 Ram and liked them a lot, also had Bilstein 5100s on my 08 Ram, also liked those.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I've always upgraded my suspension on my trucks. But my 2020 Rebel came with Bilsteins, supposedly 1" higher than stock suspension. They ride nice, but I've got about 35k miles on them now, so only another year or so left before I want to change them. Just wondering if anybody has noticed any significant benefit upgrading to something like Fox 2.0s on a Rebel. I had Fox 2.0s front and back on my 2018 Ram and liked them a lot, also had Bilstein 5100s on my 08 Ram, also liked those.
Fox 2.0's are a great option for the rebels. It comes down to how much you want to spend. As with suspension bits you get what you pay for

OP
OP
Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Fox 2.0's are a great option for the rebels. It comes down to how much you want to spend. As with suspension bits you get what you pay for

Thanks. I loved them on my 2018. 4 years later from when I bought them in 2018, it looks like they're about 50% more expensive lol.

I really don't know how much of an upgrade they are from the stock Bilsteins that come on the Rebel--I have had a hard time figuring out which Bilsteins Ram put on these trucks. I know Fox 2.0s are a step up from the Bilstein 5100s, I've owned both.... but I have no clue where the Bilsteins on the Rebel stand against the 5100s (better, worse?).

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks. I loved them on my 2018. 4 years later from when I bought them in 2018, it looks like they're about 50% more expensive lol.

I really don't know how much of an upgrade they are from the stock Bilsteins that come on the Rebel--I have had a hard time figuring out which Bilsteins Ram put on these trucks. I know Fox 2.0s are a step up from the Bilstein 5100s, I've owned both.... but I have no clue where the Bilsteins on the Rebel stand against the 5100s (better, worse?).
With the 2.0’s you’ll net an extra inch of lift. And they are entry level coil overs so quite a big improvement over billsteins 5100’s

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7

The billsteins on the Rebel are a mix between the 4600 and 5100 series. Technically classified under the 4600 series

OP
OP
Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The billsteins on the Rebel are a mix between the 4600 and 5100 series. Technically classified under the 4600 series

That's what I was wondering, thanks. So, would that mean they're a step below the 5100s in terms of quality/performance?

I think I am going to just do exactly what I did on my 2018--Fox 2.0 coil overs in the front (set at highest), and the 2.0 struts in the back, as well as Eibach springs in the rear to lift rear 1" to return the rake back as best I can. I don't like leveled trucks, I have a fiberglass bed cap that weighs about 200lbs, and I've noticed on my 2018 it does not work well with a leveled truck, and it had me adding those taller Eibach springs after the fact.

This setup worked well on my 2018, and I didn't do any other suspension mods. It seemed to worked well with my stock control arm and other parts on the front end.

Next thing I need to figure out is tires and wheels. The stock mopar wheels on the rebel are something like a 6+ offset, and some of the aftermarket wheels I like are something like a -18

Last edited:

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
That's what I was wondering, thanks. So, would that mean they're a step below the 5100s in terms of quality/performance?

I think I am going to just do exactly what I did on my 2018--Fox 2.0 coil overs in the front (set at highest), and the 2.0 struts in the back, as well as Eibach springs in the rear to lift rear 1" to return the rake back as best I can. I don't like leveled trucks, I have a fiberglass bed cap that weighs about 200lbs, and I've noticed on my 2018 it does not work well with a leveled truck, and it had me adding those taller Eibach springs after the fact.

This setup worked well on my 2018, and I didn't do any other suspension mods. It seemed to worked well with my stock control arm and other parts on the front end.

Next thing I need to figure out is tires and wheels. The stock mopar wheels on the rebel are something like a 6+ offset, and some of the aftermarket wheels I like are something like a -18
The Rebel is a little different than your 2018 as the +1” eibach coils would net you the same height as your factory Rebel coils. A little math is involved in getting your truck right. @Nick@GotExhaust is a vendor on this forum that will have exactly what you need shipped right to your door

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Fox 2.0 coil overs are a huge upgrade over the oem bils. If you want to upgrade the rear springs and get a little more height you can do the ICON coils, they will net you another 1/2" of lift along with better handling.

Let me know if we can help. We offer lots of options and can help get you set up with a setup that fits your wants, needs, and budget. Message me for a quote and info.

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In my research, anything -12 to -18 is perfect. That's my taste, moving to 35" (well, 34.5" BFG KO2's) on bilstein 5100's at position #5 and wanting a flusher look without too much poke (I'm running Fuel Rebels at -12).

OP
OP
Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The Rebel is a little different than your 2018 as the +1” eibach coils would net you the same height as your factory Rebel coils.

If you want to upgrade the rear springs and get a little more height you can do the ICON coils, they will net you another 1/2" of lift along with better handling.

Thanks guys. Really what I'm after is returning my truck to as close to original rake as possible after installing Fox 2.0s front coil overs on max height. I don't want a "leveled" truck. It sounds like Quick Shifter is saying the 1" Eibach's I had on my 2018 won't net me anything? But Nick, you are saying the Icons would net me 1/2". I'm not sure what the OEM rake is, but would that get me close?

Let me know if we can help. We offer lots of options and can help get you set up with a setup that fits your wants, needs, and budget. Message me for a quote and info.

I'll send you a PM. It seems like the prices for this stuff are pretty much the same everywhere, so as long as you can get it to me fast and have it stocked, I'd love to give a forum member the biz.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Thanks guys. Really what I'm after is returning my truck to as close to original rake as possible after installing Fox 2.0s front coil overs on max height. I don't want a "leveled" truck. It sounds like Quick Shifter is saying the 1" Eibach's I had on my 2018 won't net me anything? But Nick, you are saying the Icons would net me 1/2". I'm not sure what the OEM rake is, but would that get me close?

I'll send you a PM. It seems like the prices for this stuff are pretty much the same everywhere, so as long as you can get it to me fast and have it stocked, I'd love to give a forum member the biz.
Nick is a preferred vendor on this forum. If it weren’t for the preferred vendors that pay to be on here we wouldn’t have this platform.
Hands down it will be the best customer experience you’ve ever had in your life. Nick truly has super powers