Has anyone bought wheels/tires from RealTruck.com? Looking for member reviews

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was wondering if anyone bought wheels from RealTruck.com? I am trying to buy the XD859 Gunner in the candy apple red but everywhere I look they are either sold out/back ordered or they only have 1-2-3 wheels and not a full set available. Real truck.com was one of the only sites with 4 available at checkout (I am going to call and check before buying) but I wanted to see if others have any good or bad experiences buying from them. I wanted to see if any others have experience with this site before i drop close to $3k on it.

kolya

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v-6
I have not bought wheels from them, but I bought a brush guard that was a perfect transaction. It actually arrived 2 days earlier than promised. I would conduct business with them without question.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have not bought wheels from them, but I bought a brush guard that was a perfect transaction. It actually arrived 2 days earlier than promised. I would conduct business with them without question.

Thanks.

I called their customer support and again, they have THREE in stock, not a full set of 4. I keep coming across this problem with every site that doesn’t say “backordered”. I can’t find these wheels ANYWHERE.

I might have to buy 2 from one site and 2 from another. I was hoping to buy a full wheel + tire combo to get the discounts offered when you do, but it’s not looking like that is an option if I really want these wheels, which I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kolya

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v-6
Thanks.

I called their customer support and again, they have THREE in stock, not a full set of 4. I keep coming across this problem with every site that doesn’t say “backordered”. I can’t find these wheels ANYWHERE.

I might have to buy 2 from one site and 2 from another. I was hoping to buy a full wheel + tire combo to get the discounts offered when you do, but it’s not looking like that is an option if I really want these wheels, which I do.

I work part-time at a golf course. Our super. wants to repair a hydraulic unit for a fairway mower. He has broken the defective items down to 3 component parts totaling about $120.00. If he orders these separate parts, they are on "indefinite" back order. However, he can order the complete unit "in stock" for $1,600.00. I wish you the best, my friend.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I work part-time at a golf course. Our super. wants to repair a hydraulic unit for a fairway mower. He has broken the defective items down to 3 component parts totaling about $120.00. If he orders these separate parts, they are on "indefinite" back order. However, he can order the complete unit "in stock" for $1,600.00. I wish you the best, my friend.

That’s crazy but doesn’t surprise me.

Most sites are saying it’s a 30-60 day window if the wheels are in back order... I’m not waiting that long so I found some alternatives that I like.

There must be a supply shortage in the wheel industry as browsing in customwheeloffsets, like 50% of the wheels on there are in back order (out of stock). Literally every time I’d find a wheel I like, it was in back order. Crazy frustrating and it’s not just CWO, the wheels are backordered in every site I check.

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I ordered a set of wheels from them and after two weeks of waiting for confirmation of shipment, I called and was told that they were discontinued. Not sure how long it would have taken for them to let me know had I not called them.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I ordered a set of wheels from them and after two weeks of waiting for confirmation of shipment, I called and was told that they were discontinued. Not sure how long it would have taken for them to let me know had I not called them.

From RealTruck? Yea I can see that happening. I was able to add 4 XD859 Gunners in Red to my cart and I could have checked out but I called first and turns out they only had 3 so I would have been waiting for 30-60 days, or longer, according to the rep on the phone.

Definitely going elsewhere for wheels+tires, was only interested in RealTruck because they were the only site showing more than 3 of the wheels I wanted but turns out they only had 3, just like every other site right now.

I’m probably going to just order from customwheeloffset.com as they seem to list exactly what they have and they don’t allow orders on out of stock/backordered wheels or tires.

JohnnyMac

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
From RealTruck? Yea I can see that happening. I was able to add 4 XD859 Gunners in Red to my cart and I could have checked out but I called first and turns out they only had 3 so I would have been waiting for 30-60 days, or longer, according to the rep on the phone.

Definitely going elsewhere for wheels+tires, was only interested in RealTruck because they were the only site showing more than 3 of the wheels I wanted but turns out they only had 3, just like every other site right now.

I’m probably going to just order from customwheeloffset.com as they seem to list exactly what they have and they don’t allow orders on out of stock/backordered wheels or tires.

Roger that. I actually ordered from them instead of RealTruck myself. They sent the wrong wheels and gave me the runaround for weeks until I finally accepted a $75 refund and an extra year of finish warranty if I just kept the wheels. 6 months later, the chrome started bubbling up and flaking off the wheels so I reached out to get that warranty coverage and was told that the bubbling was considered a "maintenance issue", and they only cover factory defects so I was out of luck. This is most certainly a factory defect. If your order has no problems, I'm sure you'll be happy, but if there's any issues...good luck with them being helpful. My next purchase will be taking a quote from Custom Offsets to my local wheel/tire dealer and asking him/her to match it or at least get close. FTF with a local business for me from now on.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Roger that. I actually ordered from them instead of RealTruck myself. They sent the wrong wheels and gave me the runaround for weeks until I finally accepted a $75 refund and an extra year of finish warranty if I just kept the wheels. 6 months later, the chrome started bubbling up and flaking off the wheels so I reached out to get that warranty coverage and was told that the bubbling was considered a "maintenance issue", and they only cover factory defects so I was out of luck. This is most certainly a factory defect. If your order has no problems, I'm sure you'll be happy, but if there's any issues...good luck with them being helpful. My next purchase will be taking a quote from Custom Offsets to my local wheel/tire dealer and asking him/her to match it or at least get close. FTF with a local business for me from now on.

Good to know and I will definitely keep this in mind.

But there is zero chance I’d ever except any wheel/tires except what I ordered. I would demand they pay for all shipping and replacements and I’d demand a discount refund and if they refused, I’d call my bank and file fraud charges against the charge for the wheels and let my bank deal with them. Sorry to hear you had such a ****** experience, I am hoping mine is better.

So far one thing that REALLY bothers me about my order with Custom Offsets is that during my order I selected NO to the stupid ceramic coating, lug nuts, detail products etc, then when I called in after my order the guy tried to talk me into that same **** and I stopped him and said “I worked detailing for 10+ years and I’ve ran shops at Mercedes Benz dealers, I know all about ceramic coating and I don’t need ANY upsells, I’m good.” Well yesterday and today I have been bombarded with text messages practically begging me to purchase the ceramic coating and lug nuts and detail products and all kinds of **** I’ve already said TWO TIMES that I do not want that ****, but they are relentless.

One thing I can’t stand is when a company hounds the **** out of you to buy crap that’s not necessary, especially when they do it 3 times or more.

But I guess if this is the worst thing I experience during this purchase then I’ll be good with that. Just beyond annoying.

e92fd32e9f6d67e4ca24d346aad9b9cc.jpg

I mean even after I said “no I’m good” they continued to try to sell me the ceramic coating (which by the way is a spray bottle they spray on and don’t even bother to properly do, it’s a gimmick just like all the “ceramic coating” at dealerships. We use to apply them in detail and it was a joke, most people didn’t even do it or if they did they did 2” of the top side of the cars fenders:doors and then a light coat in the roof and hood trunk. Inside seats for a quick spray from a spray bottle. Dealer charged $795-$1,500 and it was the biggest scam ever.

JohnnyMac

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
they continued to try to sell me the ceramic coating

Like you say, it's a real money maker for them along with all the other upsells. I didn't get it either. Makes me wonder if that's why they wouldn't honor my warranty. I didn't pay them the extra so they screwed me when they got the chance. My daughter takes her car into JiffyLube and they always find at least $100 worth of "dangerous/important" things that she needs fixed or replaced. I told her to tell them that she's doing this for her dad and if they want to do all that extra to go ahead, but her dad only gave her $30 so that's all she'd be able to pay. They left her alone when they realized they weren't gonna make any extra scratch off of her.

Good luck with the wheels, I'm sure many, many folks have had great experiences with them. I hope you're one of them.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I ended up buying from CustomOffsets and just got them on.

2c9150e17514d56303ffc6f00e67a603.jpg
cad02f3e2ee76bce976acabc0b2f5798.jpg
85375a68650220029831e6e7e0fa393b.jpg
be2cdbbe71fea1de22a390e160baad35.jpg
e2be75c638746fbf7341f61bf3a7998c.jpg
b2d55a9b34be8d68dfa51b7c1d99b8cc.jpg
17f30073e164697a9ef4062fad11b540.jpg
68afe9df92e98694dd4c92a7c9918c01.jpg
72cbdff9c88364313c932edd072c4273.jpg

Nothing but praise to CustomWheelOffset.com. The initial shipping was 21-30 days, I got them in 9 days. They discounted the order another $58 on the phone for no reason other then to just do it, I didn’t even ask. The wheels were SUPER protected, like over protected with foam padding and 2 sets of cardboard over the face of the rims, all shrink wrapped, then shrink wrapped a second time after the foam and cardboard. Wheels are perfect, not a single issue. I couldn’t be happier and I highly HIGHLY recommend Custom Offsets. They sent me a ton of free stuff, a shirt, hat, huge 24” banner sticker, and some other stuff too. They also had the best prices on the wheels I wanted and the tires.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963