Has Anyone Tried Dorman Caliper Covers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
See the Dorman on ebay for $50ish, far cry better than 2bills. The red would look nice on my rebel, might consider when changing my brakes eventually

I don’t think they will fit with a 17” wheel. If they did, I’d already have a set.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wish they sold em in black. I have painted all my cars calipers black with either vht or i think rustoleum caliper paint, never had any issues where i had to recoat. Guess the brighter colors are harder to keep new looking. Haven't done the ram yet, there still a shiney silver, once they start to tarnish from the salt ill paint em or maybe dorman will come out with black to try something new

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wish they sold em in black. I have painted all my cars calipers black with either vht or i think rustoleum caliper paint, never had any issues where i had to recoat. Guess the brighter colors are harder to keep new looking. Haven't done the ram yet, there still a shiney silver, once they start to tarnish from the salt ill paint em or maybe dorman will come out with black to try something new
They say on the box a few times that they are paintable so I think they’re putting the colour option on you! If you did take paint them up yourself they would be much easier to redo than the Calipers themselves.

JHayez1911

US NAVY (RET)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

MGP makes a black cover however it has Ram written on them.

William Hastings

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
MGP makes a black cover however it has Ram written on them.

Dormans are reasonably priced, I just cant see paying close to 300 for covers. Id rather put 300 into a pedal commander, spacers, or towards a level. Being as i like the black calipers,especially on a night edition, a $15 can of paint will do i think, or i may read up more on painting the dorman like midnight said

MidTennMtneer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar
Yeah.... just did a high heat....wasen't actualy a caliper paint .....and I ran them with stock wheels too!!

I like the MPG but if you think their high price in red just check on a custom color!!!

You aren’t kidding. Custom color was even more outrageous.

Off to google for some blue high heat paint to go with my silver baby! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tray Burge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would think a great prep and a good epoxy paint would last on the covers because, keep in mind, they only get road film on them and no brake dust to eat into the coating. My truck can be filthy (to me, ha ha) but the caliper covers will still look clean, and mine are red!

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AADF18CE-966D-45C4-B841-F8C60C4B65D6.jpeg The covers really do clean up the look. You would think that this would be an option from the mfg...The only mfg I have ever seen with the covers is Acura, specifically on the RDX model. I used to own a 3gen TL is this was prob the #1 or#2 Mod for that forum...slight modification to them and they fit the TL. Oem part from Acura too, only black with the logo.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
okay time for me to catch a verbal beat down here... but here I go anyways:

I don’t like the way my dirty, silver Caliper look on my truck that is never dirty, and has no other silver on it.

I came across these metal dorman 11-0005f on amazon (also on eBay) which are way less expensive and I like them more than the rivited “HEMI” or “RAM” ones we’ve all seen that are quite expensive and not quite to my taste. I’m not hatin’ On guys that have them tho. Still better than stock.

These dorman ones are a little more subtle and I have some pops of red on my beast that would tie into them nicely. IMO!

I went for amazon for the easy return if they suck or don’t fit.View attachment 169513
Damn I think you might make me spend mo $$$ on my RAM :O I like them and the bad news is my PT retirement job is at a Auto Parts store that sells Dorman :O

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
How do they attach? I was looking for the instructions online but did not find anything.

ThunderMug95

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How do they attach? I was looking for the instructions online but did not find anything.
Clip over each end of the caliper. Then you place the covers, which have mounting arms, then bolt the arms down to the clips you slide on the caliper ends. Pretty simple, but secure.

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks great, so you installed them without removing the wheels?
I did. It was a bit awkward at times! I didn’t have a torq bar so I don’t like taking my wheels off cuz then I have to go to a shop after and ask for a favour.
Maybe I should get a torq bar!

2016Bighorny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I installed my Dorman caliper covers this afternoon. The covers look GREAT! However I could not get the rear clips to sit good and the contacted the rotors and squealed bad... I tried again to get them to fit better, no luck! I removed them...Dorman was a NO go for my Ram!...

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well I installed my Dorman caliper covers this afternoon. The covers look GREAT! However I could not get the rear clips to sit good and the contacted the rotors and squealed bad... I tried again to get them to fit better, no luck! I removed them...Dorman was a NO go for my Ram!...

Yes....I understand....mine on the rear only had like .060 clearance between clip & rotor