Has anyone upgraded to an ITBM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Skip the dealer and get AlphaOBD and you can activate it yourself. Installing the kit is easy, if you skip the bolts that come with the kit and just use zip ties through the mounting holes. The bolts are nearly impossible and one of them actually is impossible. Wrap the bracket with electrical tape where it makes contact metal to metal to keep everything from rattling. Check out the AlphaOBD thread for explanation of the software and how to enable the ITBM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using foam works even better. I gave up on the screws after tearing up my hands back there so I stuck a layer of closed cell foam on the back of the ITBM and used some HD zip ties to secure it to that area. Hasn't rattled, moved, or had any issues.

Joshua lindt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I recently installed the itbm and was able to get all three screws in the bracket takes some time and two people but can be done. Now just have to activate it so it shows in the evic

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Skip the dealer and get AlphaOBD and you can activate it yourself. Installing the kit is easy, if you skip the bolts that come with the kit and just use zip ties through the mounting holes. The bolts are nearly impossible and one of them actually is impossible. Wrap the bracket with electrical tape where it makes contact metal to metal to keep everything from rattling. Check out the AlphaOBD thread for explanation of the software and how to enable the ITBM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where is that in Alphaobd?

Bert S

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Good info crash. I figured as much. They've been putting harnesses in trucks and suvs since at least the early 2000s...so I'd be very surprised and disappointed if they ceased doing it.

I'd have to think if your truck comes with the 4 flat and 7 round RV plug in the bumper it probably has the plug under the dash for the electric brake control.

Yes the factory itbc is good, but the prodigy P3 is darn good also and is a stronger braking unit than the factory controller. Just my opinion.

When ditching the OEM ITBM for a P3 for example, do you leave the second 10 pin connector in, or should it be left unplugged?

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
Im not sure what 10 pin connector your referring to? The 7-way round RV plug?

I would not replace the factory ITBC for the P3. If I had a truck that did not come with the ITBC, I'd install the P3 that I have. The factory ITBC is a very good unit and brakes well. I just like the additional settings of the prodigy like the boost settings and such. I prefer a little bit of trailer lead breaking and as much as I've played with all of the settings on the factory unit I can't get them to be like they were with the P3.

They are plenty good and I have a very old TT. Newer rigs probably brake much better.