Has anyone verified who makes the "Alpine" speakers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mckenna2121

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Turbo diesel
I do not think they are Alpine at all. No where on them does it say Alpine. Only a Mopar logo. I think the only "Alpine" part of the system is the Amp/DSP. The speakers are all cheap **** paper cone garbage.
I replaced all mine, they all say made in China. You would think there name would be on there product somewhere and it's not

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not a direct answer to your question, but manufacturers often make lower quality versions of their products for certain buyers. Call it the Wal-mart effect, where a certain price must be met to gain the contract but the company's normal quality can't be built to that price point. Everything from outdoor grills to riding mowers often has a big box store SKU that's specific to low price vendors. OEM for car makers is the same and audio equipment makers certainly make multipe lines at various price points, each with different levels of quality. Alpine has, what, 3 or 4 consumer grades? Nothing to think they have an OEM grade under the consumer grade.
Also Home Depot and Lowes......... If you think the low price Dewalt tool from Home Depot is the same as the one from a Dewalt dealer, then you are mistaken.......

Nirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I spoke with a rep at Harmon Kardon a few weeks ago b/c I wanted specks on the system in my PW. They basically told me that they approved of the system but didn't manufacture the parts. They couldn't even give me any specs on the system.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Alpine system in my '16 Sport and think it sounded good with the stock speakers, but I wanted "better" sound out of the system. So, I upgraded the dash and rear doors and made a LOT of difference. I didn't want to pull the paper back on the ones I removed thinking they may be useful somewhere else. But I probably won't be repurposing them and think I'll go ahead and pull it off to see what the speaker looks like under there. I still have the stock speakers in the front door, roof, and sub - for now.

RAMSZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l e
They are Alpine in the sense that FCA paid Alpine to use the name on the system, that's it. Most products are contract manufactured and only the brand that they are, because that is the box they are contracted to put it in.

That's how Ryobi today, is as big as they are. TTI were the contract manufacturers for the Japanese Ryobi, and then they bought the rights to use the name for the North American market, and then bought Milwaukee, but are still the contract manufacture for Ridgid tools in Home Depot.

ian MacKinnon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 maybe
Engine
diesel
I got the alpine upgrade in my '21 3500. they are labeled alpine on the grill and from someone who likes their rock LOUD... they are quite nice. I dont remember the upgrade being that much more.. love my truck..

AsphaltHauler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I have the Alpine option in my challenger. The base system in my tradesman. The alpine sounds better than the base as it should because its the next level upgrade. Maybe if they just ditched the branding and called it good, better, best then people wouldn't care so much.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
I have the Alpine option in my challenger. The base system in my tradesman. The alpine sounds better than the base as it should because its the next level upgrade. Maybe if they just ditched the branding and called it good, better, best then people wouldn't care so much.
This. I agree. Just call it a "premium 9-speaker system" and everyone is happy. On a $50,000+ vehicle and a $1000 option upgrade, there is no reason they couldn't have put actual nice Alpine speakers in there.

Tony1945

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram 2019
Engine
V8
Got into a spirited discussion with some folks on one of the Ram FB groups who said the speakers in the Alpine system are actual Alpine speakers. I don't think they are. I've had Alpine speakers before, and the speakers that come with the Alpine system definitely do not appear to be Alpine quality. Not that Alpine is top of the line or anything, but these speakers are cheap with small magnets. No Alpine markings at all on them. You would think that if Alpine actually made them there would at least be a stamp on the back of something. All they say is "Made in China".

Just wondering if anyone has definitive evidence on who makes the speakers in the Alpine system? I think they are cheap, generic Chinese...maybe slightly better than the base speakers, but certainly not Alpine.

thoughts?
$1000 up grade

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
well the 9 speaker system was standard on my '19 Laramie. I bought it off the lot so it had the options it had. the window sticker didnt even say what brand it was.

Gerard22295

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It is well known that the speakers in the Ram are of very poor quality, even if you have the upgraded sound system all the speakers are the same. I replaced all mine with infinity from Crutchfield. Crutchfield has a variety of high end speakers customized to fit your Ram. The sound quality is like night and day, the entire job was less than 3 hours labor.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Super easy. Half hour at best. I bought the Infinitys on Amazon for considerably less than Crutchfield and got them in less than 24 hrs.
Yep. Crutchfield is significantly more expensive. Buy on Amazon, get quick delivery and easy returns.

OP
OP
FL-RAM

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
I'd like to see a picture of the stock speakers in a 6-speaker system...I wonder if they are the same as the "Alpine" system speakers.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
It is well known that the speakers in the Ram are of very poor quality, even if you have the upgraded sound system all the speakers are the same. I replaced all mine with infinity from Crutchfield. Crutchfield has a variety of high end speakers customized to fit your Ram. The sound quality is like night and day, the entire job was less than 3 hours labor.
I'm not sure where that might be "well known" but mine sounds good and pretty much all my friends have top quality vehicles yet they all comment on how good the sound system in mine sounds when riding with me. certainly there is no end to the upgrading one could do to an auto sound system but for an off the lot truck, I am happy with the system.

Gerard22295

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
All the same, it’s been well written on many car and car stereo sights.

Gerard22295

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Be sure to get the speaker connection adaptors for you vehicle, available at Crutchfield and Amazon. It’s makes for a nice solid connection without soldering.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2019 Laramie W/9 speaker alpine system, Same it sounds good to me, and others have commented on how good it sounds maybe they changed the quality on the newer models like yours don't know, I really don't want to start changing speakers to me if it isn't broke don't fix it.