Have the Alpine system...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have the HK system and like everyone says, it is definitely bass heavy. One thing I noticed though was that I have a friend that has a 2018 1500 Rebel with the Alpine system and his rear door speakers are used for Mids and Highs just like the front doors while having that sub under the rear seat. On my 2019 Laramie with HK, the rear doors and front doors are only for the bass. I'm not liking that to be honest and I was wondering if there's a way to adjust that with maybe an amp or some other device?

If indeed the HK system comes with a 10" sub, where is it and why are the rear doors only outputting the bass? just like the front door lower speakers.

the only speakers that output my mids and highs are the tweeters (on both driver and passenger door) , dash speakers and the rear roof speakers. Ram should've made the same two little tweeter speakers on the front doors on the back ones to have a more full sound.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’m pretty sure Ram was definitely not thinking of us when these systems were acquired. I mean really, who mounts speakers in the ceiling anymore .

chrisb198

Reaction score
Ram Year
NA
Engine
NA
I have the HK system and like everyone says, it is definitely bass heavy. One thing I noticed though was that I have a friend that has a 2018 1500 Rebel with the Alpine system and his rear door speakers are used for Mids and Highs just like the front doors while having that sub under the rear seat. On my 2019 Laramie with HK, the rear doors and front doors are only for the bass. I'm not liking that to be honest and I was wondering if there's a way to adjust that with maybe an amp or some other device?

If indeed the HK system comes with a 10" sub, where is it and why are the rear doors only outputting the bass? just like the front door lower speakers.

the only speakers that output my mids and highs are the tweeters (on both driver and passenger door) , dash speakers and the rear roof speakers. Ram should've made the same two little tweeter speakers on the front doors on the back ones to have a more full sound.

Have you tried it only on satellite radio, or on different inputs, as many people are saying it sounds better through either FM or iPod etc.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Lol that iPod thing is an all together different beast with these systems. :)

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have you tried it only on satellite radio, or on different inputs, as many people are saying it sounds better through either FM or iPod etc.

Yeah I listen to it through Bluetooth and when I connect my phone through the USB cable on carplay. It pretty much sounds the same and I really wish the rear door speakers were actually mids/highs instead of just pure treble. I actually rode in the back for about 10 minutes while I let one of my friends drive and I was actually not liking that top mounted speaker. I sat on the right side rear and all the music was heard from my left ear as there wasn't anything really focused on my right ear since the speaker on the door is pure bass lol. And of course one thing I can't stand is the fact that there isn't no damn 19 speakers. I read somewhere that Ram considers each individual speaker as (2) speakers because its co-axial or something like that. I really don't know what they mean by that but I personally feel like I got ripped off since they shouldn't have mentioned it being 19 speakers... bad marketing I guess. Oh well !

DAVECS1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It really is perplexing they charge a premium for the HK system. At the end of the day it is like choosing a ferrari or a lambo, both are really decent compared to other stock systems and even some aftermarket stuff. When I sat in my first Alpine truck I immediately took notice, it was like finding that perfect pair of work boots, they just fit from the moment you slip them on.

Sergio

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
The 10 is behind the rear passenger seat.

If so then I wonder why the rear door speakers have most of the bass coming through them and not the mids and or highs... That's kind of ridiculous right? lol

Bcovish

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The
If so then I wonder why the rear door speakers have most of the bass coming through them and not the mids and or highs... That's kind of ridiculous right? lol

The system as a whole seems to be out of whack as being balanced. The upper midrange in the doors are hardly even playing. The bass in general is over saturated/boomy/muddy. HK for sure missed the this one for sure comoar d to their Suburu offerings.

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
Yeah I listen to it through Bluetooth and when I connect my phone through the USB cable on carplay. It pretty much sounds the same and I really wish the rear door speakers were actually mids/highs instead of just pure treble. I actually rode in the back for about 10 minutes while I let one of my friends drive and I was actually not liking that top mounted speaker. I sat on the right side rear and all the music was heard from my left ear as there wasn't anything really focused on my right ear since the speaker on the door is pure bass lol. And of course one thing I can't stand is the fact that there isn't no damn 19 speakers. I read somewhere that Ram considers each individual speaker as (2) speakers because its co-axial or something like that. I really don't know what they mean by that but I personally feel like I got ripped off since they shouldn't have mentioned it being 19 speakers... bad marketing I guess. Oh well !
it is correct the alpine only has whizzer cone mids the harmon system has mids and tweeters which counts as a speaker