Having difficulty finding / deciding on a tonneau cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skydyver83

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I've had folding BakFlips on two previous trucks, solid company and product. If I had to be picky, some of the panels on one of the covers seemed to get heavier over time. Possibly water retention like the foam used in spa covers. I'm currently using the oem tri-fold which was on the truck when purchased and leaning toward replacing it this year but I'm limited in choice due to having Ram Boxes. I'd also like to have a retractable allowing an option to also add a bed rack. Choices are very limited and pricey!

JerryETX

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 2500
Engine
Hemi 6.4- 3:73- 6 Speed
I've had 2 Bakflip tri-fold covers and on both of them the cross members began to fall down over time. The cross members on the underside are riveted to the thin aluminum.

I would go with another tri-fold but my truck sits up pretty high which seems like it would be hard to reach the middle section to release.

HuckleMonster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
I had two Bakflips but think I'm going to go with the X4s on my new truck. Can I ask if the top surface is vinyl or another material? Any fading/cracking on yours or if you haven't had it that long, do you have any concerns? I guess I'm asking does the top surface seem durable? Thanks
The top of the cover is like a soft top material attached to the aluminum roller panels. Supposedly you can stand on it though I won't be doing that. I've only had mine for about a month but I've read most of the reviews and although the older models had some issues, the X4s has taken care of them. I have a feeling it should age well. Maybe a concern would be fading but I haven't read they were having that issue.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yes the X4S has resolved many of the X4 issues. The X4S has been a popular model and feedback on it has all been really good.

Anyone interested in a bed cover please feel free to message me for a quote