Having trouble removing the center dashboard bezel (radio/AC controls frame)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taspeace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm trying to remove the Uconnect 5.0 radio from my 2014 RAM 1500. I've got the rubber cover out of the top of the bezel and removed to two Torx screws that lock the bezel into the frame of the dashboard. The videos I've watched say to then pull on the top of the bezel and it will come off with the AC controls attached to it. Well, I've yanked pretty hard on the bezel. I can hear it creak as the upper left corner flexes a bit, but no other part of the bezel is releasing from the frame of the dashboard. By "pretty hard", I mean as hard as I can without using some kind of tool. Without removing the bezel I can't access the 4 screws that secure the radio into the truck.

Any suggestions for removing the bezel?

Thanks in advance

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Isn't there a screw in the right side of the radio bezel.

Wallyb4

Retired EWC(SW/AW) 1983-2003
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There is another screw located in the access just about midway down on the right side. Remove the rubber insert . Also there are 2 screws located at the bottom middle that secures the bezel to the console between the seats.

Wallyb4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ramdriver, That is the video I watched when doing mine, except I have a cubby hole just above the outlet that has a screw in it. Great video BTW.

OP
OP
T

Taspeace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well, I got it removed today. How? Pulled even harder! But the big change is that I had just driven the truck and the heater was going the entire time. When the bezel was warmer things were more willing to let go. And yes, there is a third screw half way down the right side on mine. But it anchors an expansion clip, like the ones you see holding upholstry panels in place on car doors. I THINK is designed to be pushed in and pulled out and I can imagine that if the screw were taken out, the clip might fall down inside of the metal framework. My interior package does not connect the center seat console with the dash like it is in trucks with floor shifters, so the two additional screws that are located in that structure are not present in my truck. Also, the bolts that held in my radio were 7mm, not 9/32 as stated in the YouTube video I watched. They were in so tightly that one began to strip slightly, and I had to go get a better fitting socket. The video that was linked by RamDiver is better than the one I watched. I wish I had chosen it first. Thanks everyone for your input. Now, I have to wonder how much money I will have to save up to get my Uconnect 5.0 radio repaired....

Wallyb4

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Contact these people: infotainment.com or call 1-855-636-6287.

They repaired my radio and gave me a 1 yr warranty for $330.00 took about 15 business days turnaround. Radio works like a champ now.

OP
OP
T

Taspeace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hi Wallyb4,

Was this recently? I contacted them (at least I think it was them. Same name, located in Florida) and they said they no longer service the Uconnect 5.0. I found one place in all of the known universe that will service them. I sent them mine, and it turned out my mother board was toast. $485 + $25 return shipping was the bid. I found one on Offer-Up for $165 and bought it. It has a two day return window and includes the anti-theft code. As far as I've seen, that was an excellent price, as the local Pick-A-Part wanted $300 if I went out into their yard and removed it, and that was with no guarantee. I should receive the radio this week and, hopefully, that will be the end of it.