Help Support Ram Forum by donating:

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD/4WD on 2WD D150

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Yoox_II, Jul 2, 2013.

Sponsored By: BAK Factory Outlet
  1. Yoox_II

Yoox_II Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    As I've said before I am trying to give my two wheel drive d150 a four wheel drive look. Tires and rims are probably the biggest factor when identifying a four wheel drive truck. So I'm looking to buy some nicer wheels. I have found some fairly priced Ram 2500 rims and tires... I realize that the lugs on my truck wouldn't line up with the lug holes on 2500 rims. so do I just have to buy a simple adapter?

And I'm looking for your opinion... would a new ram 2500's rims look good on a first gen dodge?

Thanks

2. crazzywolfie

crazzywolfie Senior Member

Ram Year:
    81 93
    Engine:
    why would you want to get 2500 8 bolt rims? it wouldn't make you truck look more like a 4x4 than a stock 5 bolt rims. the only difference is you will pay more for 16" tires than you would for 15's

88rambigblock likes this.
  3. Yoox_II

Yoox_II Senior Member

Ram Year:
    Engine:
    5.7L Hemi
    In my opinion, the 2500 and 3500 rims look tougher. That's why I want them. The long lug nuts and thick metal components look stronger than the stock rims that come with any 2wd truck, to me anyway.