HD Diesel Supply ECM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Hey all. My truck is a 2017 1500 ED with the 3.93 rear end. I just purchased the 2014-2018 Dodge Ram 3.0L Eco Diesel Emission Intact Tune (HD17202) for the 3.55 rear end from someone who sold their ED.
  1. Will it matter the gear ratio difference?
  2. I already know I have to change the VIN and injector codes over to my truck.
  3. Does anybody know if I am able to remove the turbo to muffler emissions exhaust so I'm straight all the way to the rear? It appears on the HD Diesel Supply website it say I have to keep DEF, so I'm guessing that means I'll have to keep the emission exhaust?
TIA.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know with other tunes that if the gear ratio wasn't correct that sometimes there are issues when trying to set the cruise control.

JEFF MANN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ECODIESEL
From what you say I have to guess that it's a stage 1 tune, Stage 1 will probably kill the EGR, stage 1 also means that you must peep all other emissions intact, I went with SFT on my 17 & it allows me to run distilled water in place of DEF, I don't know if HD Diesel is the same or not, I do know however that previous years would allow a significant diluting of the DEF with distilled water, I seem to recall about 12% DEF, TRY diluting & work your way down in percentage & see, you might waste some DEF but it's cheap at WALMART.

OP
OP
eljefe

eljefe

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
From what you say I have to guess that it's a stage 1 tune, Stage 1 will probably kill the EGR, stage 1 also means that you must peep all other emissions intact, I went with SFT on my 17 & it allows me to run distilled water in place of DEF, I don't know if HD Diesel is the same or not, I do know however that previous years would allow a significant diluting of the DEF with distilled water, I seem to recall about 12% DEF, TRY diluting & work your way down in percentage & see, you might waste some DEF but it's cheap at WALMART.
Interesting. I never thought about diluting the DEF. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-A716V using Tapatalk

JEFF MANN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ECODIESEL
Earlier trucks didn't detect DEF quality, not sure about the 17my, the parts breakdowns show a sensor for all model years, so I don't know if it changed later , if it was a programming/coding issue or if it just doesn't matter. I was also thinking about the gear ratio, it may update when you enter the VIN into the replacement ECM, I'm not sure tho.

Last edited:

sirdumpsalot

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
I would just call HD Diesel Supply and ask them. I just ordered a kit from them and the tune I got requires disconnecting SCR, DEF and DPF