HD springs 35% stiffer front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So here's the deal. I'm dropped with inez 5/7, viking shocks, hellwig sways front and back.

I'm trying to achieve a firm ride without bottoming out. I tried a few settings with the shocks but nothing is just right.

So I found these 35% stiffer HD springs fronts I'm thinking of trying. Any ideas how this might work out?

The way I figure it is my total travel is limited due to the drop. So I need stiffer springs rather than stiffen shock settings.

Rear is good. My helper bags help alot.

Screenshot_20210406-064130_Chrome.jpg

Bigskyroadglide

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, supercharged
I have ground force 2 inch dropped springs and experience the same issue on occasion. Shocks made little difference as you indicated. So following

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They also have a 70% meant for snow plows.

I'm going for it just don't know 35% or 70%.

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will that was a total fail. Ad says 2wd and shows a spring that looks like a 2wd front spring. Received a 4x4 front spring. Apparently there is no HD front spring for our rams.....

Second try is going to be rough County 2in front level spring. Apparently it's thicker and more stiff than stock. I'll try cutting one coil and see how that feels with the 5/7 drop.

OP
OP
Posjr

Posjr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just an update. I installed some rough country 2inch leveling springs. They are thicker and firmed up the front end a lot. I cut 3/4 coils off which put me 1/2 higher than with the stock springs. Hopefully it will settle and give me the true 5in drop. Now I need to play with shock setting and will update.

20210419_153801.jpg