Headlight and taillight staying on when driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alexander69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 & 2019
Engine
3.7L
I have a 2007 1500 3.7l six. I recently replaced the TIPM and now the battery. I am getting ready to sell it as I have bought a new 2019 Classic 1500. However, I want to sell it with a clear conscious and currently have a passenger side headlight and driver side tailight that is staying on when I drive the truck. What gives? I have tried checking for a short but so far no luck. Any ideas?

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The TIPM controls all lighting functions, what was the reason you replaced the original TIPM? Are you sure you got the right one for your truck?

OP
OP
A

Alexander69

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 & 2019
Engine
3.7L
About two months ago I had a no crank issue and tried everything I could think of and finally had it towed to a trusted mechanic. The mechanic stated it was a computer issue and only fixable by the dealer. So I had it towed there and the dealer said the TIPM had to be replaced but couldn't say why it failed. The truck has 156,000 miles. The replacement with labor was going to be $1800 so I had it towed home and bought a TIPM from Mats Tipm rebuilders after they tried unsuccessfully rebuilding my old one. Got it home installed it and all was fine until my battery died with one bad cell. It started up right away with the new battery but now I have the passenger side headlight and driver side taillight coming on when the engine is running. So I am now hoping to find a short or something I can put my finger on. I don't get any codes listed when I plug in the code reader.