Headlight Options/Upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Guest

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2012 Ram 1500 ST, 4.7l engine. It has the single bulb headlight that does both high and low beams.

I am looking for options as to either change the bulbs to much, much brighter ones, an aftermarket projector light that would be plug and play and provide a brighter light or an option for a lightbar that would be somewhat hidden.

It has a solid chrome bumper and there is no option to mount a lightbar on that. Is there something that can go in the grill.

Can someone point be in the proper direction for information, I only want to make the change once, if possible. TIA

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The right LED's are always an affordable option. I switched mine to Fahren LED's and I love them. A few guys in here run them. I found them on Amazon.

Johnny_B-Good

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mike, rough place you're in. Single bulb LED's are a tough market. It's hard to find a bulb that offers a very decent lumen output on low beam, and still offer a great output lumen on high beam. Nobody wants to do battle with oncoming traffic. So yeah, upgrade is a viable option. But it could be at a cost. Projectors offer a crisp cutoff, and they are more than adequate with LED's. Projectors throw light where it needs to be. So that is one course to look at. As for a light bar, maybe adding an inexpensive brush bar? Or maybe grill/bumper mounts? I was just looking at a set of LED lights. If I recall correctly, they're 24000 lumens each light. 48000 lumens total. Yeah, not a living soul wants to be in front of that kind of lighting. That's insane lighting. BUT, some folks will have a need for it now and then.

Good luck on whatever upgrades... Amazon is a decent resource for lighting...

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I am looking for options as to either change the bulbs to much, much brighter ones, an aftermarket projector light that would be plug and play and provide a brighter light or an option for a lightbar that would be somewhat hidden.
Your probably going to want to change over to a Quad headlight set up, good news it's almost Plug-N-Play. You would need to use AlfaOBD to change the headlight type to Quad in the BCM. Making this change will keep the Low beams on when the Highs are turned on, this is how Quad headlight trucks come from the factory.
Your choices for headlights will be much greater, and they will plug into the wiring harness that's on your truck.
Check out the Luxx versions from Alpharex, lots of members are happy with them. https://alpharexusa.com/product-category/performance-lighting/ram-truck-2009-2018/