Headlight switch change from 98 to 99-

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

x5t1j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello I'm looking to change the headlight switch on my 98 Ram 1500 5.9 to the 99 and up style. I would like to get a new dash bezel and I'm tired of buying old ones on ebay just to watch them crack and brake again. I'm not sure how to change the wiring harness. I tried to do a search but didnt come up with a complete answer. Has anyone been able to figure this out yet? Thank you for any help.

Nealuss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2L 318
I am wanting to do this to my dad's truck as well. There is not likely going to be a walkthrough on it, just have to read the wiring diagrams and change the connector.

tr121336

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L - 360 cid
I located a thread from many years ago on here. It gives the wiring colors on old switch (early 1998) to new switch ( mine new 1999 junkyard part + cutoff pigtail )
It gives the headlight plug terminations and says what colors to hook up.
I was leery of this so after 6 months I decided to try it. I figured, I have fuses so I followed the post/instructions.
All works like it should. Now I have to go back to Junkyard and get the fog lamps as I didn’t realize the switch also had ability for fogs. Like I said, I found the old post, something like 98 to 2001 headlight upgrade.