Headlight Wiring... Help!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.9L 295 CI Magnum V6 :(
i bought some Projector/Halo headlights a while back and ever since i got them even after i turn the Head light switch to OFF they still Glow very Faintly but they do glow unless i disconnect my battery and if i dont disconnect it my battery is dead by morning.... I did follow the Directions that came with them..

Ive even tried to rewire them and still NOTHING i love the lights a really dont want to have to switch back to the Ugly stock ones...... Anybody have any idea what the problem Could be?

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
The ground wire and one of the power wires need to switched on the truck side of the harness, OR on the light side of the harness, the ground wires (plural) and one of the power wires need to be switched, as stated in the pm, i'll double check tonight which ones go where when i get home. I think the problem comes down to the fact that they are wired for a 9007 bulb, when we have (or rather you now that i'm running 3rd gen lights) a 9004 bulb. The Hi beam and low beam have a shared ground wire, with separate power wires. The 9004 and the 9007 bulbs share the same plug, however the plug is wired differently. I will snap some pics of my "corrected" lights tonight and put 'em up with the correct rewiring sequence for you, and anyone else that needs it because i know its a common problem with these lights. I found that out when i got them and started searching the interweb for my wtf question.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
I knew this guy could help you out! ^^

sorry man, still havnt gotten to look at mine yet..got work till 930 tonight.

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I knew this guy could help you out! ^^

sorry man, still havnt gotten to look at mine yet..got work till 930 tonight.

Not a Problem i can understand that ... Thanks for the suggestion tho

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
alright, so i took a look and you can make all the mods on the light's harness. coming out of the harness there are 4 wires, one (red) that is the power for the high beam. one blue wire that is the power going to the low beam, and two black wires coming from the center post, one going to the low beam, ground, one going to the high beam, also ground. now, what you do is the following....

Starting with the red high beam power wire. coming FROM the light, cut the wire and splice it into the blue low beam power wire, making it so that one wire runs power to both lights. now, take the ground from the hi beam and connect it the power wire for the hi beam. and that should fix it.

what you did here is change the ground from the middle terminal to old low beam power cable, changed the low beam power to the center terminal. here is a diagram, like i said, the lights are wired for a 9007 bulb, and your truck has a 9004 bulb.

90049007.jpg

let me know if you have any questions

markat

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997. Many mods. New leafs 5/1, CAI, Heddmans, magflo exhaust, pioneerAVH-p6300, bilsteins,
Engine
5.9L
I too have the halo projector and they look great and light the road well. The only wtf problem is the high beam indicator ( on the dash) stays on at all times. Will this wire wire change correct it?

OP
OP
MvZiC MaN

MvZiC MaN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I too have the halo projector and they look great and light the road well. The only wtf problem is the high beam indicator ( on the dash) stays on at all times. Will this wire wire change correct it?

I believe that it does but you should probably wait for a Response from Loki or Codes They might know for Sure

loki223

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Yup, this will fix that. if your truck has stock fog lights they won't turn on either while your headlights are on because your truck reads that the high beam is on, even though they are not. And once you do this, the lights will be even brighter.

@MvZiC MaN
Did this fix your issue as well? and did your high beam indicator stay on as well?

northstar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v10 8.oL
Headlight problems... Help! I also have the halo projector. The problem is the high beam indicator on the dash stays on all the time and lights are dim when all are on? Also fog lights stopped working after installing the halo projector lights?

NorCalAnt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Worked for me!

Thanks 'loki223', I did exactly as you described and my problem is resolved. The only diff is that before the Dim lights were on when I was on brights. Now that light inside the halo is off when on brights. But at least my bright light indicator is correct, and the brights are bright.

Before...
Dim - Halo On, Dim Light On, LEDs On, Running Light On, Dash Bright Indicator ON
Bright - Halo On, Dim Light On, LEDs On, Running Light On, Brights On, Dash Bright Indicator ON

After...
Dim - Halo On, Dim Light On, LEDs On, Running Light On, Dash Bright Indicator OFF
Bright - Halo On, Dim Light Off, LEDs On, Running Light On, Brights On, Dash Bright Indicator ON

My lights were Spyder Halo Lights

For some reason your Diagram doesn't show for me, so I just went by your description. Worked fine.

ChrisR1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8 GAS
Hey all, similar issue but backwards. I have a Dodge Ram 1500 Sport (2001) the sports use a quad bulb setup ive been told, so a 9007 and 9004 bulbs. I recently acquired a set of Spec-D Halo/LED headlights from a friend but I failed to realize that per Spec-D they are not meant for the Sport Ram. My guess is because they are wired for 9004 bulbs mine run on the 9007s. But Im coming into the same issue, high beam indicator always on, low beams dim. High beams are ok? could be a bit brighter? Could any of y'all tell me how to reroute the wires on either the light side or harness side?

MoparMagic'00

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.2 Magnum
have this saved in case you would like to save it for your records

Attachments

• 9004vs9007.gif
    9004vs9007.gif
    36.4 KB · Views: 544

ChrisR1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8 GAS
Well I had my buddy try and do the rewire and for whatever reason it didnt work so my plan is just to get the correct lights. Thanks for the help and suggestions tho

daredevil95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi, this is a old thread and I'm also having a problem with my Spyder HALO lights. I installed the new lights and everything works pretty good except the HALO. When I turn on my headlights everything works except the HALO around the projector light. I think the HALO should be on when the headlights are on.The HALO only works if I put the high beams on. So, I have what appears to be the HALO wires spliced into the headlight low beam wire (purple) and the ground also going to the same harness. The middle pin on the headlight connector is for the high beam and I am certain I'm not connected to that pin. Any ideas on how to get the HALO to light up with low beam headlight? I was also thinking about m0ving the HALO wire to the parking light harness. Anyone ever deal with this before?

This is the head light I bought of Ebay for $115.

94-01 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 2500 3500 Angel Eye Halo & LED Projector Headlights - Black

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Middle wire is low beam not high. You have the 2 backwards.

You can splice into the park lights that's a popular route

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 291

daredevil95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the diagram, yes....I was thinking the same thing, I'm gonna rewire to parking lights tomorrow. Thanks

skillet

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
ok, so im new to the forum and having the same problems as everybody else with these spec d tuning lights. i started withe the passenger side light and wired it like loki said . that light worked as it should but when i hook up the drivers side everything starts acting goofy again. what am i supposed to do on the drivers side? i appreciate any help as this is driving me insane.