Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking at some headlights for my 2013 express,and in the headlight description it says wont work with projection headlights. I am assuming the ‘13 is projector lights ? If so is this something that Alpha OBD can correct?… ok just checked and mine are reflector style

Last edited:

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
'13 was the first year for the projector headlights, the reason why they state not compatible is the plug on the projectors is different from what's on the reflector style.
Lots of members have Alpharex headlights and really like them(me included). They offer many styles and even ones that are all LED.

There are even adapters to go from projector to reflector style headlights or even reflector to projector style if you want to run the OEM projectors.

OP
OP
H

Highway

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is mine, is it the projector type ?
302275C7-E3F6-43AF-AB82-91E3791CCC6F.jpeg

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
'13 was the first year for the projector headlights, the reason why they state not compatible is the plug on the projectors is different from what's on the reflector style.
Lots of members have Alpharex headlights and really like them(me included). They offer many styles and even ones that are all LED.

There are even adapters to go from projector to reflector style headlights or even reflector to projector style if you want to run the OEM projectors.
So I have a 2012 Outdoorsman with Quads(Projectors), would I need an adapter to run these Alpharex's? Just bought a bunch of LED's so would like to run LED's across the board. Got a pic of yours?

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
@Burn2k12Ram you won't need an adapter for the Alpharex. I have the Original Pro Series V1, they don't have the sequential turn signals(wasn't available when I bought mine) Like the Alpharex G2 Pro version. They both use H7 bulbs for the High and Low beams. If I was going to buy them again I would get the Luxx version with built in LEDs, people have reported they're better than using LED bulbs in the Pros
IMG_20190713_153656215.jpg
I also added the Dedicated DRL wiring to my truck so the top brow light works like the factory DRLs.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@Burn2k12Ram you won't need an adapter for the Alpharex. I have the Original Pro Series V1, they don't have the sequential turn signals(wasn't available when I bought mine) Like the Alpharex G2 Pro version. They both use H7 bulbs for the High and Low beams. If I was going to buy them again I would get the Luxx version with built in LEDs, people have reported they're better than using LED bulbs in the Pros
View attachment 495740
I also added the Dedicated DRL wiring to my truck so the top brow light works like the factory DRLs.
Those look freaking awesome. Seriously leaning towards them. Thanks so much

SeaRefractor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the AlphaRex headlights as well. For the H7 bulbs replacement to LED (I had not purchased the Luxx version), I went with the following as they are the same size dimensions as the H7 halogen bulbs and require no modifications of any kind, in addition are non-polarity so you don't have to worry about plugging them in backwards and having to take the headlight off again to reverse the connections.

Canadianbreed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2500 outdoorsman 5.7
Morimoto or Alpharex are both reputable when it comes to aftermarket lighting, I personally own the morimoto XB amber headlights + taillights which I've had for 3 months so far and love em!