Heads up, tuning is available for our trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
You do know that if you take your truck in and if they do an update that they will lock that computer and you won't be able to do and adjustments unless you Diablo to unlock it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wonder if it’s possible to just buy the unlocked PCM with the tuner, take out the stock PCM and set it aside (would cost more without the PCM tradein). Then if you ever need to go to the dealer for anything you swap out the unlocked PCM for the stock one. Hmmm, will that work?

Look like you can purchase the PCM outright.

http://www.moes-performance.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=I3-2019

Last edited:

Firebird

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi
Wonder if it’s possible to just buy the unlocked PCM with the tuner, take out the stock PCM and set it aside (would cost more without the PCM tradein). Then if you ever need to go to the dealer for anything you swap out the unlocked PCM for the stock one. Hmmm, will that work?

Yes, you can do that

bigdodge

Reaction score
Yes, it will work. That's what I did with my 15. Swapped pcm when going to the dealer. No problems at all but it is a lot more expensive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
If only one could increase mpg and gain range with one of these tuners. More horsepower and faster shifting only means shorter life for the transmission and torque converter.

TatertotScott

The man, the myth, the legend, the one and only!
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If only one could increase mpg and gain range with one of these tuners. More horsepower and faster shifting only means shorter life for the transmission and torque converter.

Faster shifting and less slip generally = longer transmission life.

Slipping is used only for comfort.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Look like you can purchase the PCM outright.

http://www.moes-performance.com/mobile/Product.aspx?ProductCode=I3-2019

That’s what I did because if you need to take it back for warranty work I’ll put the original one back in.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
I’ve been told the PCM and the odometer stores the mileage and if the dealer digs into the PCM they can see the difference. Don’t know if this is 100% true and if any dealer would look that deep for engine or transmission warranty work.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I’m not sure about that. That’s the chance I’ll have to take. But if you take it in and they flash the PCM then lock it you’ll have to have it unlocked again.

Fernando Bastidas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've had this on my truck for about 2 weeks. I was having issues with Pulsar, and swapped it out for the i3. Been great so far, much better than the Pulsar.

Fernando Bastidas

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How’s it compare to the Pulsar performance mode?

With the Diablo Tune 93 Oct, it feels about the same as the performance mode in the Pulsar. I cant say whether one has more power than the other, they both feel pretty equal under WOT.

The main difference I notice is drivability. The Diablosport feels like it's a factory tune. Throttle response is good but not too touch. The pulsar was way too sensitive in performance mode. You were constantly reminded that your had a piggyback tuner, with the diablosport it feels natural.

I was also having some issue with the pulsar, same as many people have had. No issues at all with the diablosport tuner

2014RamExpress

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I really want to do this for my 2019 Ram, but I want to hear more reviews about custom tunes. I haven't seen many and I want to make sure it's worth the money.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With the Diablo Tune 93 Oct, it feels about the same as the performance mode in the Pulsar. I cant say whether one has more power than the other, they both feel pretty equal under WOT.

The main difference I notice is drivability. The Diablosport feels like it's a factory tune. Throttle response is good but not too touch. The pulsar was way too sensitive in performance mode. You were constantly reminded that your had a piggyback tuner, with the diablosport it feels natural.

I was also having some issue with the pulsar, same as many people have had. No issues at all with the diablosport tuner

Get ahold of Jay or Matt and get a custom tune and you'll really see the difference in a tuner and the pulsar