Hear me out.. Does a Pedal Commander really work??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well for me, I drove a brand new truck less than 100 miles, installed one and it was a totally different driving truck. I know it didn't add HP, or help gas mileage, didn't care, I knew what it did, and worked for my needs.
Within seconds of installing and making driving selections, I knew it wasn't a marketing gimmick.

Same same!!!
Truck had 30 miles on it at purchase.
Drove it home and around a bit that day, next day at 50 miles installed my throttle gimic. Knew what it was, what it would do and knew since I had it on my old truck( with a custom tune) that there was NO WAY I was driving without it!!
Love it, love my truck with it and to those that poo poo it and never tried it all I can say is...
WHAT EVVERRRR

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
Is it any different than the "sport" modes other vehicles have? I had a 2018 F-150 EcoBoost. It had Eco, Comfort, and Sport mode. Same with my BMW 325. In sport mode the throttle response was more crisp and the engine shifted at higher rpms. It also stayed at higher RPMs when cruising...which made acceleration more instantaneous at highway speed. I rarely used the Sport mode on the F-150 because the acceleration was so quick that it would easily break traction and fishtail and the RPMs would never go below 3,000 unless you completely let off the gas. I'm interested in a throttle control device, but not at $300.

mtwofeathers

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel 5.9
I love this forum! There are so many electrical engineers to help us noobies out with technical questions.

I have a throttle controller, just another brand. Same concept, same results. Just much cheaper.

That being said, I think it really wakes up my truck and my pedal. I'm not an engineer and could care less about sine waveforms, response signal generators, drive wire doodads, or what not. This thing just works. FYI make sure you're in the middle of nowhere on a nice flat road when you try the ultimate setting. You'll be screaming like a banshee and cleaning your seat after.

I dont worry the small stuff,, i just kick it up to 1300 and let my turbo do the talking, then hope like he'll i dont brake traction as coal rolls.

grumpygirl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Loved mine for the last two years. Primarily had it set to Sport 2. Press the gas and she would get up and go. No waiting for her to think about going. Truck seemed to run through the gears quicker and get up to speed pretty darn quick. Tied together with the Outlaw exhaust and she sounded sweet. However... in the last few months it has been throwing a throttle position code. I have done multiple test with connected and disconnected. With a 35 min highway commute I just can’t have it going in to lip mode at 75mph. Of course all this started right after warranty expired. So now it lays on the workbench as I relearn patience while merging into traffic.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Loved mine for the last two years. Primarily had it set to Sport 2. Press the gas and she would get up and go. No waiting for her to think about going. Truck seemed to run through the gears quicker and get up to speed pretty darn quick. Tied together with the Outlaw exhaust and she sounded sweet. However... in the last few months it has been throwing a throttle position code. I have done multiple test with connected and disconnected. With a 35 min highway commute I just can’t have it going in to lip mode at 75mph. Of course all this started right after warranty expired. So now it lays on the workbench as I relearn patience while merging into traffic.
Yes for $300 it should have a lifetime warranty.

FL-RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Bighorn Night Edition
Engine
V8
In sport mode, does it keep the RPM higher than normal while cruising? That's the main reason I rarely used Sport Mode on my F-150 and BMW...yes, acceleration was quicker (good when merging into traffic), but once you got up to speed the RPMs stayed elevated. Very annoying to cruise at 55mph and 3,000 RPMs.

averageguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
In sport mode, does it keep the RPM higher than normal while cruising? That's the main reason I rarely used Sport Mode on my F-150 and BMW...yes, acceleration was quicker (good when merging into traffic), but once you got up to speed the RPMs stayed elevated. Very annoying to cruise at 55mph and 3,000 RPMs.
I think you're right because my truck doesn't seem to shift into 8th gear on the highway when its on, I have to shift it with the button on the wheel. I don't know what setting its on but its not too aggressive.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
By Oct. 1st I should have a 9 Drive from a seller in the US on eBay. Can't wait to see the difference.

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
By Oct. 1st I should have a 9 Drive from a seller in the US on eBay. Can't wait to see the difference.

Got the 9 drive last night. Without a doubt it's a noticable difference. No codes or check engine light. Plug in and go. Time will tell but so far so good.

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
At this point I got the performance I would expect from a $50 device not a $300 device, not worth it when it forces your vehicle to go into limp mode at 70 mph. RUN AWAY.....

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
At this point I got the performance I would expect from a $50 device not a $300 device, not worth it when it forces your vehicle to go into limp mode at 70 mph. RUN AWAY.....

To be clear, you're having issues with a $300 Pedal Commander?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
To be clear, you're having issues with a $300 Pedal Commander?
Yes. Point being for about twice the price I could get a tune and have a real performance boost but that's not an option since I have a lifetime maxcare warranty. And the fact that it will fail without warning could kill you. The first failure that I had early last year it went into limp mode at 75 mph and I had to get from the 3rd lane to the right shoulder through heavy traffic. I do think it's overpriced for what it does. Ehen it works, it works well, it's the failures that I can't tolerate.