Hear me out.. Does a Pedal Commander really work??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
BT version is still wired BTW and you don't have to connect to the PC with your phone via BT.
gocha, most problems I wonder is when someone makes changes via BT when driving?

indept

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
gocha, most problems I wonder is when someone makes changes via BT when driving?
In my case I have the BT app and tried it once to check it out but haven't used it otherwise. I never change modes while moving so my issues weren't from that.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always use the app via BT to make changes but I'm stopped and in park.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
In my case I have the BT app and tried it once to check it out but haven't used it otherwise. I never change modes while moving so my issues weren't from that.
odd, my non-BT never had one issue...lucky I guess.

Utah Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just wanted to post my thoughts on this topic, but I've been using the Pedal Commander now for a few months and recently took it out for some service on my truck by the dealership (I didn't want to chance any warranty issues). I've been driving around without it now for about a week and... it's not worth the price tag. I appreciate this forum, but this was something I bought purely off of the love that everyone here gave it. I have to say that it doesn't make a difference for me. I have a 5th Gen 2020 Limited and that might have something to do with it, but I have zero complaints about the stock acceleration.

The Pedal Commander price tag has way more value spent elsewhere, in my opinion. I'll recommend anyone with a similar truck to mine to pass on purchasing the PC.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I have the bluetooth model and I've had zero issues with setup and use. it's always worked as expected.

NJMOPAR

Older and faster
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Depends on what settings you use.
PC on Sport+ on 2 will smoke your tires off a red light.
Doubt the stock setup can do that.

Utah Biker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Depends on what settings you use.
PC on Sport+ on 2 will smoke your tires off a red light.
Doubt the stock setup can do that.
I never cared too much about getting a fast acceleration out of PC, but I did try all of the settings and can promise anyone that's interested in PC that it's not going to make your tires smoke off a red light. You might be able to lose traction for a very short period of time due to a faster response on acceleration, but unless you have additional mods you're not going to be smoking tires with just PC alone in a normal situation with your stock truck.

big daddys house

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I never cared too much about getting a fast acceleration out of PC, but I did try all of the settings and can promise anyone that's interested in PC that it's not going to make your tires smoke off a red light. You might be able to lose traction for a very short period of time due to a faster response on acceleration, but unless you have additional mods you're not going to be smoking tires with just PC alone in a normal situation with your stock truck.
I tell you one thing though, you definitely don't want to drive that thing in the rain in sport ++2.
You will get sideways in a heartbeat!
I always drop it to City when it rains.
Just an FYI. If you're feeling froggy, test it out in an empty parking lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I tell you one thing though, you definitely don't want to drive that thing in the rain in sport ++2.
You will get sideways in a heartbeat!
I always drop it to City when it rains.
Just an FYI. If you're feeling froggy, test it out in an empty parking lot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Same here re dropping down a setting or three although sometimes I forget. Good times... :crazy:

18CrewDually

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 H.O.
9 Drive is still better in my opinion then PC! Same exact thing except $60 CDN instead of $400 CDN!

I agree. Not an issue for over a month. Except the occasional tire spin leaving a light in the rain but that is easily dealt with.

KnurledNut

SemperFi
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
9 Drive is still better in my opinion then PC! Same exact thing except $60 CDN instead of $400 CDN!

I agree. Not an issue for over a month. Except the occasional tire spin leaving a light in the rain but that is easily dealt with.

I have the HIKEit x9. As mentioned same concept, works the same. Much cheaper, more money for mods!

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
14 pages of reading AND still on the fence.

Sounds like snake oil to me due to the cost...................

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
14 pages of reading AND still on the fence.

Sounds like snake oil to me due to the cost...................
PC is not snake oil, but it's certainly not the most inexpensive device around. It does what it's meant to do, but no more. It's not a tune, and it doesn't give you more power. All it does is shorten the digital lag between the time you get on the skinny pedal and movement, with many incremental user-defined settings.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
Like the ICE or snow setting, the PC does not have this.............

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Like the ICE or snow setting, the PC does not have this.............
True. My guess is that the PC equivalent is the Eco setting that (probably) nobody has ever used... It's a super mushy takeoff.

Flame Red Rebel

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Rebel
Engine
Hemi Hybrid
Adjustable Low-Speed Trim
This feature allows you to adjust the rate at which PedalMonster adds sensitivity at speeds under 10 mph. This helps to avoid spinning the tires in low speed turns or on slippery surfaces. While level 0 turns off low-speed trim, levels 2-5 increasingly minimize throttle boosting from 0-5 mph. By 10 mph PedalMonster will boost the throttle normally. This adjustment helps with low-speed drivability during parking lot maneuvering, icy roads, etc, while allowing you to use more an aggressive mode and level at the same time. For example, if you like Track mode but don’t want to slip while driving slowly on icy roads, simply set the low-speed trim to Level 5.

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Adjustable Low-Speed Trim
This feature allows you to adjust the rate at which PedalMonster adds sensitivity at speeds under 10 mph. This helps to avoid spinning the tires in low speed turns or on slippery surfaces. While level 0 turns off low-speed trim, levels 2-5 increasingly minimize throttle boosting from 0-5 mph. By 10 mph PedalMonster will boost the throttle normally. This adjustment helps with low-speed drivability during parking lot maneuvering, icy roads, etc, while allowing you to use more an aggressive mode and level at the same time. For example, if you like Track mode but don’t want to slip while driving slowly on icy roads, simply set the low-speed trim to Level 5.
So, mushy takeoff. I just dig the name, PedalMonster...