Heat/AC Controls

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom Fenwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I didn't want to muddle up an old thread and waste peoples time over something that I feel I am an idiot about cause I don't know what things are called
So I currently have in my 2014 Ram Express the basic 3 knob heat/ac controls..I recently purchased a center console and bezel that included the auto climate controls. will that work at all with my current wiring or do I need other parts such as a harness etc. ? I'm thinking I need to just keep the old control unit. below is what I have and what Im going to if posible$_12.jpg 2016-ram-1500-laramie-limited-crew-pick-up-temp-control.png

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
I assume you have either the RA1 or RA2 radio and not an 8.4". Your truck is not wired correctly for the 8.4" bezel nor the ac controls. You would need to do an 8.4" Radio conversion and use one of the harnesses from M2 to give you the plugs you need for the bezel. You will also not be able to use the "dual" climate controls due to you having missing blend doors in the dash. If you were to do the 8.4 conversion then you would simply just have the right side temp up/down buttons be non functional.

OP
OP
T

tom Fenwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I should have mentioned it before but I have the infotainment RA4N upgrade.

CuylerTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn Mega Cab 4x4
Engine
6.7L
I should have mentioned it before but I have the infotainment RA4N upgrade.

Then youre using their bezel and not the factory conversion one then. You'd need to do the full conversion with the wiring harness and hvac module.

OP
OP
T

tom Fenwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I mainly want to use the upgraded bezel and controls so that I have volume control and the back button functional

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
Sorry for the delay Tom, I'm in the middle of a moving into a new house. Looks like Cuyler answered your questions (thanks), but yes contact @DeereGuy (since I'm unavailable to build it) to get the 7 speed conversion harness you need for your truck.
If you go to the Diy 8.4 conversion thread (post 2 for factory 7 speed fan trucks) you can get the PDF instruction sheet I put together (with PNs) for you to complete the 7 speed conversion on your truck once you have our harness.

Mike G.

M² Mods.

OP
OP
T

tom Fenwick

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mike D has been in contact with me and I have been placed on the list. Thanks