Heated seat filters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mjscharlotte

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
I was talking to a friend of mine who has a 2018 F150. He took it to the dealer for some maintenance work and they told him that he needs to clean the seat filters so that the heating/cooling feature works properly. I’ve never heard of seats having filters. How would I know if I had them - it’s not on my window sticker. I’m not even sure Ram offers it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Not sure how Ford does the cooling part of their seats. Ram trucks use a fan to draw air through the seat for the cooling aspect, you could say the seat itself is the filter. As for the heated part it works like a heated blanket, small heating elements embedded just under the seat cover.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
My Lincoln MKX has a screen for the heated/cooled seats. I’ve changed it a couple times, original had a thin, fine net. Last time I changed them it’s just a disk with holes. No air filtration going on, looks like something to keep larger items from damaging fan or fan motor. $12 or so, seems logical enough, don’t know the cost of fan or motor and hope I don’t have to find out, lol.

1999 White C5 Coupe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My Lincoln MKX has a screen for the heated/cooled seats. I’ve changed it a couple times, original had a thin, fine net. Last time I changed them it’s just a disk with holes. No air filtration going on, looks like something to keep larger items from damaging fan or fan motor. $12 or so, seems logical enough, don’t know the cost of fan or motor and hope I don’t have to find out, lol.

My 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 has front heated / cooled seats.

The vehicle owner’s manual states to change the seat filters at 30,000 miles.

I removed the seat filter for the left front seat - which is merely a plastic disc (about the diameter of a 12-oz soda can) - with plastic grating. I did not replace it, as it was not obstructed and had no fine net. It snaps over the air intake for the small seat blower motor (each front seat has one under the seat).

Several friends said prior year Ford models had the filter as I do, but they also had a fabric insert to filter dust and fine dirt. Ford has discontinued the filters with the fabric inserts.

My seat filters would only stop bigger items, or items such as a piece of paper.

Villalobos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l hemi
My 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4 has front heated / cooled seats.

The vehicle owner’s manual states to change the seat filters at 30,000 miles.

I removed the seat filter for the left front seat - which is merely a plastic disc (about the diameter of a 12-oz soda can) - with plastic grating. I did not replace it, as it was not obstructed and had no fine net. It snaps over the air intake for the small seat blower motor (each front seat has one under the seat).

Several friends said prior year Ford models had the filter as I do, but they also had a fabric insert to filter dust and fine dirt. Ford has discontinued the filters with the fabric inserts.

My seat filters would only stop bigger items, or items such as a piece of paper.

Yeah seems to be the case. First one I changed had some filter in it. I probably won’t change the disc unless it’s broken. Take it out and wipe it down every so often should be fine. Thought about adding some filter medium, but seats work so well, get really cold, I wouldn’t want to impede the airflow.