Heated Seat Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Claydus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ugh the local dealer said that they will most likely need to replace the entire seat bottom cushion since these elements are glued on and typically lift off cushion material if they try to remove it.

Quoted $1040 parts and labor.

Last edited:

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
That may be the route they take doing to fix it, but if DIY you can gently peal the old one off and the put the new one in it's place if going with an OEM pad replacement. Probably get away with using 3M headliner glue spray to hold in place if it doesn't have any tape around edges - as long as you don't go crazy with it. For my front seat bottom heating element on a 2016 Ram 2500 - and looks like it covers many years of 1500/2500/3500 models - is P/N:

4610134AB​

Which I found at this LINK (may not be best price - just the one I found first)

If you go after market ones they usually come with tape on the edges or some of the edges. There's a video - 2013 RAM - about a guy who left the original heating pad (since OEM pad has temp sensor as well which is why 3 wires go into them) and just put after market one on top. Said his vented seats still worked as well - I don't know haven't had to do this in a vented seat myself but have done in other seats without and works. Here's the LINK

Last edited:

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Ugh the local dealer said that they will most likely need to replace the entire seat bottom cushion since these elements are glued on and typically lift off cushion material if they try to remove it.

Quoted $1040 parts and labor.
Funny how they tell you this, but sell just the heating element........:hmm: