Heated Seat Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daniel12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Hello,

I just added Dorman heated seat pads over my factory seat pads in my driver seat as my factory ones have a short in there somewhere. Dorman heaters were spliced into factory heated seat wiring.

With AlfaOBD, I’m able to see that these new heaters are drawing 5.5 amps. What is the maximum current allowed on this circuit? Thinking of adding another pad to increase the heated surface but don’t want to overload the circuit.

Also, I notice that the truck is automatically turning the heaters off at 55.5 celcius. Is there any way to increase this value? Once it hits that value, it steps the heated seat down to the LOW setting. After a few seconds it shuts off completely. I’m guessing this is caused by Dorman heating up much faster than OEM. I want it to maintain the temp instead of turning off. Anything that can be done here or do I need to relocate the temp sensor in the seat to a different spot so it doesn’t get so hot?

Thanks

Last edited: