Heated Seat Troubleshooting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Claydus

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 RAM Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My drivers side seat has not worked since I bought the truck used. The truck came with no warranty on these components so I am trying figure it out myself.

So here is what happens… I press the button to turn on the heated seat and it the led on the button turns off after 2-3 seconds. I can turn on the heated steering wheel and passenger heated seat without issue.

I tested the resistance on the bottom heating element and it seemed to be around 5 ohms. I have read that this fairly typical. I want to test the back heating element but I am having issues locating the connector or wires for this.

Anyone have experience tracking down this and testing it?

Or is there a heated seat module on these truck under the seat?

I am purchasing the security bypass and OBDlink mx+ with my next paycheck. I wanting to enable to some other features and figured to go ahead with the purchase. Would this help me diagnose my heated seat issue as well? Could it tell me a fault code for it?