Heated Seats installed by dealer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
you could read all the posts at the bottom of this screen
under Similar Threads

just scroll down

ajfRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 hemi
Hey all, l swapped seats from a 2022 2500 to my 2022 2500 big horn level 1.
Driver seat will turn on at start. But that's it.
Changed settings w alphobd. Got seats/comfort soft control now. But the only setting or control I have is for auto on comfort.
Soft ccontrols won't come up on the 8.4 radio after changes.
ECUConfig 3: front heated seats present- YES
- ECUConfig 4: heated seat present- YES
- Memory: front heated seats present- YES
- Seats B: front heated seat levels- 3 level (high/med/low/off)
- Seats B: seat material front- TYPE 3 (limited, power wagon), TYPE 1 (Laramie), TYPE 2 (big horn)
- CustSetMenu 1: auto on comfort CSM present- FEATURE 2 - 3 OPTION
- Cabin Net: CSWM comfort seat wheel module

HELP! Anyone know anything about why/how to, the radio controls for the heated front seats will not appear?

brental1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey yall, got a 2022 Ram Bighorn Lvl 1 Equipment group so no remote start, no heated seats, no auto climate, ect... Getting the OEM Remote Start put in on Monday and was thinking of later on having the dealer put in the OEM heated seats and heated steering wheel. Just curious if anyone has just dropped it off at the dealer and let them do it with good results? I assume they do it alot and know what they are doing. I know its all pre wired but it'll require a new center radio console due to adding the heated seats and heated steering wheel buttons along with a new steering wheel possibly. Really just wanna drop it off and pick it up without worry, thanks!
My truck has the same options. I want to install heated seats and steering wheel. Does anyone have (or can tell me where to find) wiring diagrams and pinouts?

brental1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey yall, got a 2022 Ram Bighorn Lvl 1 Equipment group so no remote start, no heated seats, no auto climate, ect... Getting the OEM Remote Start put in on Monday and was thinking of later on having the dealer put in the OEM heated seats and heated steering wheel. Just curious if anyone has just dropped it off at the dealer and let them do it with good results? I assume they do it alot and know what they are doing. I know its all pre wired but it'll require a new center radio console due to adding the heated seats and heated steering wheel buttons along with a new steering wheel possibly. Really just wanna drop it off and pick it up without worry, thanks!
My 2022 BH with Level 1 Equipment Group was definitely not prewired. Fortunately, I was able to but the IP and the cabin harnesses from the same donor truck by heated/vented seats came from. I had to steal 29 wires from the donor harnesses and build supplemental harnesses for my truck.
Built the 3rd of 3 harnesses today and starting to put them in the truck. I could have built all the IP wires into one harness, instead of two; but I felt more comfortable having two separate harnesses. 29 wires! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! unless you have LOTS of time. Seriously, I would not do this again. Hope the truck still runs after this! Requires a new clock spring for the extra 2 terminals for the heated steering wheel--can't believe they don't "give away" the extra 2 terminals instead of a different PH. I finally decided on

68545657AA​

Hope that's the correct PN. Description says "Clockspring is PIA To This Part". Hope that means Part In Assembly or something like that, and not Pain In ***. Also need a different Center Stack with Heated Seat and Wheel and Vented Seat Switches. I bought one from eBay (eBay seller is moving; so shipment has been delayed over a week). Then I can swap the seats, steering wheel, and clock spring in. And then the flashing.

Attachments

• 115V Inverter Harness.jpg
    115V Inverter Harness.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Board Harness 3.jpg
    Board Harness 3.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 3
  • seat connector add.jpg
    seat connector add.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 3
  • seat connector finished.jpg
    seat connector finished.jpg