Heated seats not working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Went to turn on my heated seats in my 19 Classic and lights go on for 2-3 seconds then shut off. Passenger and drivers side do it. Any ideas?
I checked the fuses but they seem to be ok

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I believe that they are temperature controlled

In other words, you don't want or need your seat to heat up when your are sweating just sitting there
When the temperature gets cold enough, that is when they should heat up

Joe_Ram73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins 6.7
Mine is old (2011) but, it is doing the same thing. I ordered the heating module a few days ago and received it yesterday. I plan to install it today (Sunday). I don't foresee any other issues since one module controls both seats. If there was one heating module per seat then, the heating pad could also be the issue; however, this is not the case. I will let you know the outcome.

OP
OP
Gregdad

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that they are temperature controlled

In other words, you don't want or need your seat to heat up when your are sweating just sitting there
When the temperature gets cold enough, that is when they should heat up
It’s cold enough up here that they should turn on

OP
OP
Gregdad

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is old (2011) but, it is doing the same thing. I ordered the heating module a few days ago and received it yesterday. I plan to install it today (Sunday). I don't foresee any other issues since one module controls both seats. If there was one heating module per seat then, the heating pad could also be the issue; however, this is not the case. I will let you know the outcome.
Yes, please keep me updated.

bcbouy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 power wagon
Engine
hemi
an observation: i got my power wagon in early summer.i was pleasantly surprised to find that when i remote start the truck will sense the temp and turn on the heated seats/steering if needed.very cool.in my 2012 i had to remember to set the heat control before i parked for the day.i just wish it would automatically turn down the soundsystem.

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
an observation: i got my power wagon in early summer.i was pleasantly surprised to find that when i remote start the truck will sense the temp and turn on the heated seats/steering if needed.very cool.in my 2012 i had to remember to set the heat control before i parked for the day.

Yeah that's a nice feature, ironically I think you only missed that feature by a year with your old truck. My 13 1500 was the first truck I had with the feature to turn on the ventilated or heated seats based on temperature. I wish you could adjust the setting for what temperature those features turn on but it's still very nice to have.

Joe_Ram73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins 6.7
Yes, please keep me updated.
Problem solved, and it is SUPER EASY to do. My heating module was underneath the driver seat, at the very front of it. Please see attached. Mine is a 2011 3500 Laramie. If yours is like mine that uses only one module for both front seats, this should fix it; however, if yours uses one module per seat you might want to troubleshoot further. The heating pad may be troubleshot by verifying the resistance with a multi-meter but you need to know the specs to ensure the values you get are within the tolerances set by the manufacturer. Good luck. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Attachments

• Heating Module RAM 2011.jpg
    Heating Module RAM 2011.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 65

Joe_Ram73

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cumins 6.7
Yeah that's a nice feature, ironically I think you only missed that feature by a year with your old truck. My 13 1500 was the first truck I had with the feature to turn on the ventilated or heated seats based on temperature. I wish you could adjust the setting for what temperature those features turn on but it's still very nice to have.
Mine is 2011 3500 Laramie (the one on my profile picture), and it has those features. I think what he meant is that his RAM did not have Auto temperature control. It was one of those with the regular Hot or Cold manual setting.

OP
OP
Gregdad

Gregdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update on my heated seats not working.
I moved my drivers seat forward to the max setting to do some cleaning and in doing so my heated seat module got unplugged by accident. I didn’t notice right away but after having a closer look I noticed it. D’oh, I feel dumb.

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Easy fix, that's good! I used my heated seats this morning and said "what a great thing". Glad yours is working.

Red

TDRam2010

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2010 Laramie, heated/cooled seats in front, heated in back. Drivers side heater only works when I manually start the truck and remain seated in the seat. BTW heater and cooler come on with remote start depending on the temperature in my 2010.