Heated steering wheel and seats barely get warm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shaner82

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got a 2019 Warlock with heated seats and steering wheel. Trying to figure out if this is normal for these trucks or not.

My seats and steering wheel get luke warm at best. As far as I'm concerned, there's a lack of heat to both. With my F150, after 20 minutes or so I'd have to turn my seats off because I would be cooking, even with winter clothes on. With this Ram, I can barely feel the heat from the wheel or seat.

Is this normal? These were both must have options for me, but there's just so little heat that it seems like a waste of money for me.

bhonshell37

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My 17 Sport has the same options. My seats heat are to standard and the steering wheel gets so hot, sometimes I must turn off the steering wheel heat.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

TheEnder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Got a 2019 Warlock with heated seats and steering wheel. Trying to figure out if this is normal for these trucks or not.

My seats and steering wheel get luke warm at best. As far as I'm concerned, there's a lack of heat to both. With my F150, after 20 minutes or so I'd have to turn my seats off because I would be cooking, even with winter clothes on. With this Ram, I can barely feel the heat from the wheel or seat.

Is this normal? These were both must have options for me, but there's just so little heat that it seems like a waste of money for me.

This isn’t normal at all. My 300 (my ram doesn’t have heated seats/steering wheel YET) gets blazing hot. Steering wheel/seats will cook you it gets so hot if you don’t turn them off. I’d take it to a dealer.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Hi @shaner82 - If you decide to address this with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via private message. We are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 17 Laramie seats and wheel got very warm almost immediately until recently. The seat got so warm that I almost didn't notice when the truck warmed up and the heater kicked in. Recently it seems to take much longer for the seat to get warm and the backrest is much slower than the cushion. I plan to have the dealer check this but I was waiting until my next oil change. Please post here if you find out anything related to this issue.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
My 17 Laramie seats and wheel got very warm almost immediately until recently. The seat got so warm that I almost didn't notice when the truck warmed up and the heater kicked in. Recently it seems to take much longer for the seat to get warm and the backrest is much slower than the cushion. I plan to have the dealer check this but I was waiting until my next oil change. Please post here if you find out anything related to this issue.

Hi @RBAT - Please know that we are more than happy to provide you with an additional layer of support as you address this with your dealer. We are always a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

bigbob48

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ED
2018 1500 Bighorn CC, ED
My steering gets nice and warm quite quickly, but the seats get barely noticeably warm. I complained at the dealer during a service and they said, "they tested and it tested Normal, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
I kinda got the vibe they felt I was a whiney ***** that my seats don't get warm enough, so I didn't press it.

Bob

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chevelle01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My seats in my 2017bighorn barely got warm I used alphaobd and set the seats to think they are perforated leather and now I sometimes have to turn them to low they get quite warm.

DoubleJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leather in my truck and steering wheel get quite hot. I think it might be the material that is absorbing some of the heat...

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
2018 1500 Bighorn CC, ED
My steering gets nice and warm quite quickly, but the seats get barely noticeably warm. I complained at the dealer during a service and they said, "they tested and it tested Normal, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "
I kinda got the vibe they felt I was a whiney ***** that my seats don't get warm enough, so I didn't press it.

Bob

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Hi @bigbob48 - If you decide to address this any further with your dealer, please be sure to let us know via PM! We are more than happy to escalate a case on your behalf to provide you with an additional layer of support for that process.

Mark
RamCares

MojaveWarlock

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I have the same Mojave package and find the steering wheel gets really hot quick but those half cloth half vinyl seats (especially the bottom) are just barely warm too. Did you ever get a fix for it?