Heated steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
With the release of 5th gen, there have been numerous comments about the steering wheel getting really hot. Well the latest Car and Driver has an article called Heated Debate. They tested a number of things and the heated steering wheel temps was one. Of the vehicles listed the Ram "won" with a max temp of 109°. VW Tiguan was the lowest at 79°. The second warmest was a full 10° cooler and that was the BMW X5 M50i.

Just figured I'd pass it along.

Ok, I'm an idiot.... Should be Interior. Maybe a mod could move it.....

Thanks, Mods

Last edited:

Papa Red

Papa Red
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I love my heated steering wheel. When it's needed I run it for about 10 minutes then shut it off. I also love my heated seats!

Red

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Definitely can cook something on that wheel, possibly yourself if you’re not paying attention lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
A heated steering wheel is a must for me for half the year. And the temperature mine gets to is perfect. The other half of the year it never comes on so it's not an issue.

yakalong

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
In the winter I love my heated steering wheel.

Fireman48

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 New body style
Engine
5.7. HEMI
I love my heated steering wheel. When it's needed I run it for about 10 minutes then shut it off. I also love my heated seats!

Red
Heated steering wheel is great but the seats will cook you!! I cant figure why the seat cool preset is low but the heat is high? Way too hot for me. I turn them off after a couple minutes.

Timeless

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Heated steering wheel is great but the seats will cook you!! I cant figure why the seat cool preset is low but the heat is high? Way too hot for me. I turn them off after a couple minutes.

Interesting in that for me the wheel is much hotter...especially on the leather part. The seats get warm too but not overly.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
With the release of 5th gen, there have been numerous comments about the steering wheel getting really hot. Well the latest Car and Driver has an article called Heated Debate. They tested a number of things and the heated steering wheel temps was one. Of the vehicles listed the Ram "won" with a max temp of 109°. VW Tiguan was the lowest at 79°. The second warmest was a full 10° cooler and that was the BMW X5 M50i.

Just figured I'd pass it along.

Ok, I'm an idiot.... Should be Interior. Maybe a mod could move it.....

Thanks, Mods
WASTE OF MONEY BUY GLOVES OK !

KeithP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT
I rolled my eyes and thought “what a waste of money!” when I discovered every truck trimmed out like I wanted came with the heated steering wheel. I didn’t think I’d ever turn it on. I admittedly have surprised myself in how much I appreciated it on the cold days, which where I live aren’t many in a year, but when I used it it made the drive just a little better.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
WASTE OF MONEY BUY GLOVES OK !
This was my sentiment until owning the first vehicle which had it. Now it's a must have option for me. Gloves help, but I don't like driving with gloves thick enough to keep my hands warm. Since a heated steering wheel comes standard on a Laramie I didn't pay any more for it since I wasn't going to buy anything below that trim level. If I had to chose between heated seats or heated steering wheel, I would chose the steering wheel.

Nick14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When Dodge brought back the Dart in 2013, I test drove one. It had a heated steering wheel. I was sold. Arthritis in the joints. It doesn't seem to get in the teens much anymore, but when it does it is nice. Nick

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally got around to installing mine back in mid-January. Of course, it never got really cold and then Covid showed up so I havent used it much.

But I must say....I really like it. My wife's car has one, but her wheel is a combination of leather and wood, and the wood sections are not heated. The all-leather all-heated wheel on my RAM is MUCH more comfortable. I think I like the heated wheel better than the heated seats!