Heated turn signal mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
Looks to be what they offer from reading that...LOL

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks to be what they offer from reading that...LOL

They said it wont write sales codes, but should work. Lol. So what do they actually sell? A downloadable program for my computer so i can get my parts to work? Im not to electronic savvy.

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
They said it wont write sales codes, but should work. Lol. So what do they actually sell? A downloadable program for my computer so i can get my parts to work? Im not to electronic savvy.
That's what it looks like.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

WTM75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I think you can enable/turn on the sales codes already in your truck but you can not write or create your own sales codes.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Basically, it does the same thing the dealer would do- turn the feature on in the BCM (body control module). Except, when the dealer does it, the sales code (3 digit letter/numbers) will be added to your VIN. This means that if you were to get your build sheet, the one that shows the sales codes for every option and item on your truck, it will now show up as equipment on your truck.
The Alfa software just “turns the feature on”.

These are “sales codes”...
http://starparts.chrysler.com/starlibrary/reference_docs/salescode.pdf

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Basically, it does the same thing the dealer would do- turn the feature on in the BCM (body control module). Except, when the dealer does it, the sales code (3 digit letter/numbers) will be added to your VIN. This means that if you were to get your build sheet, the one that shows the sales codes for every option and item on your truck, it will now show up as equipment on your truck.
The Alfa software just “turns the feature on”.

These are “sales codes”...
http://starparts.chrysler.com/starlibrary/reference_docs/salescode.pdf

Thanks man. I just want to be able to use my new mirrors features, and any other mod features i add.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did this exact same thing on my 2011 with some Opt7 mirrors with turn signals and puddle lights using the Alfa software and an OBDLink MX. I used the windows version of the software and my Surface tablet. I did have a couple of minor glitches, but I emailed Alfa with the diagnostic logs and they were great and sent me a patched version to try which worked fine. They said based on the diagnostic log that there was a timing issue and they tweeked it. I did mine early summer and the program has been updated since then so the new one may work fine as is.

They are correct, it doesn't write sales codes on my older 2011 truck, at least not in the traditional way. However, in the vehicle configuration section (I think that's what it's called, going from memory) there is a long list of items in sections that can be changed. I was able to select "Mirrors contain signal lights" and change it from "UnSet" to "Set", and it worked fine. The puddle lights I found in the door lamp section of the software and changed that to "Set" also which got those working too.

I was also able to change factory trailer brake controller to "Set" which added it to my EVIC. The trailer brake controller, which I installed a couple years ago already worked fine without the sales code, but just didn't show up on the EVIC and now it does. Took me a bit to find that one since the word trailer wasn't used, it was called ITBM which stands for Integrated Trailer Brake Module.

It was a little confusing for me to do, especially at first because newer trucks are apparently done differently and most instructions I found online in forums for the Alfa software were different. Most guides talked about things like proxy alignment which my 2011 truck doesn't seem to have or need and the guides also showed entering sales codes which I couldn't do. It worked though and saved me a trip to the dealer.

One thing I'm not sure of is that if for some reason the dealer ever needs to reflash my computer for some reason, I don't know if the options I changed will stay set. If not, I guess I can always redo it.

Ray

CCrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what it looks like, they don't offer the app for an iPhone. They have them for cell phones that use Andriod operating systems like Samsungs or similar phones. If you have a laptop that uses Windows and has Bluetooth capability you can use that to get the Alpha OBD to work.
It's an iPhone limitation. Apple doesn't do a full bluetooth stack implementation in their phones unfortunately.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did this exact same thing on my 2011 with some Opt7 mirrors with turn signals and puddle lights using the Alfa software and an OBDLink MX. I used the windows version of the software and my Surface tablet. I did have a couple of minor glitches, but I emailed Alfa with the diagnostic logs and they were great and sent me a patched version to try which worked fine. They said based on the diagnostic log that there was a timing issue and they tweeked it. I did mine early summer and the program has been updated since then so the new one may work fine as is.

They are correct, it doesn't write sales codes on my older 2011 truck, at least not in the traditional way. However, in the vehicle configuration section (I think that's what it's called, going from memory) there is a long list of items in sections that can be changed. I was able to select "Mirrors contain signal lights" and change it from "UnSet" to "Set", and it worked fine. The puddle lights I found in the door lamp section of the software and changed that to "Set" also which got those working too.

I was also able to change factory trailer brake controller to "Set" which added it to my EVIC. The trailer brake controller, which I installed a couple years ago already worked fine without the sales code, but just didn't show up on the EVIC and now it does. Took me a bit to find that one since the word trailer wasn't used, it was called ITBM which stands for Integrated Trailer Brake Module.

It was a little confusing for me to do, especially at first because newer trucks are apparently done differently and most instructions I found online in forums for the Alfa software were different. Most guides talked about things like proxy alignment which my 2011 truck doesn't seem to have or need and the guides also showed entering sales codes which I couldn't do. It worked though and saved me a trip to the dealer.

One thing I'm not sure of is that if for some reason the dealer ever needs to reflash my computer for some reason, I don't know if the options I changed will stay set. If not, I guess I can always redo it.

Ray

Thanks man. What did the software cost?

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

$49.95 fThe

The software is around $49. The ScanTool OBDLink MX isn't cheap though, around $80. They recommend that one because apparently not all brands and models of the bluetooth OBD interfaces work with the software because of communications protocols or something like that.

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
$49.95 fThe

The software is around $49. The ScanTool OBDLink MX isn't cheap though, around $80. They recommend that one because apparently not all brands and models of the bluetooth OBD interfaces work with the software because of communications protocols or something like that.

So $130. Thats all? Of so, thats way cheaper than paying the dealer

2Kings920

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ny question is? Where'd you find those so cheap. I need a driver side assembly.

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So $130. Thats all? Of so, thats way cheaper than paying the dealer

Sorry so late answering....Yep, that was total. Saves even more if you had to take it to the dealer more than once for additional adds. Plus you can use the OBD interface for other apps, diagnostics, etc.

Ray

OP
OP
2010 Infantry Vet

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sorry so late answering....Yep, that was total. Saves even more if you had to take it to the dealer more than once for additional adds. Plus you can use the OBD interface for other apps, diagnostics, etc.

Ray
Thanks man. Definitely gonna buy this