Heater Blower Motor Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lyndseynelson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7

The blower motor is not working. I have checked the motor itself (hot wired to a battery) and it works. I have replaced the resistor. There are 12 volts at the blower connector. The relays and fuses are fine. The power at the resistor connector changes when I turn the fan speed knob.
Yet the blower will not come on. Has anyone experienced this? I am at my whits end because everything acts like it should be working, but its not.
Talked to a guy at a shop that says its the wiring harness, but I am having a hard time believing that when I am getting the proper voltage.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have all of the proper voltage and the resistor is good, disconnect the harness at the blower motor use some jumper pins and feed the blower with 12volts and a ground and see if the blower motor runs, It may just be a bad ground on the harness.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Doesn't the newer systems use a ground system - hot fed and ground controlled to turn the fan on?
Which means you will read 12 volts but might be missing the ground - I bet if you check the 2 wires to the fan you will find you have 12 volts but no ground.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
^^This, depending on what system you have, if it is not ATC, the ground goes through the switch

1668638483987.png

Pin Information​

CavCircuitGaugeColorFunction
1Z91012BKGROUND
2C7114DB/BRBLOWER MOTOR LOW DRIVER
3C7212DB/ORBLOWER MOTOR M1 DRIVER
4C7316DB/VTBLOWER MOTOR M2 DRIVER
5C7012DB/YLBLOWER MOTOR HIGH DRIVER

jojolyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
I have a 2014 ProMaster. My blower stopped working. I've installed a new blower and a new resistor, I have 12 V at the blower terminal when it's unplugged. It disappears when I plug the terminal back into the blower. When I take the test light to the resistor module, the blower turns on and the ac gets cold when I touch the + B terminal. I would guess a small amount of negative passing though the test light actuates the resistor module. I have reset by disconnecting the battery. I have a green indicator light on my fan switch. There is a 5 week waiting at the dealer because of hurricane Ian and that is when i got my problem. I Fan Switch? Control module? Ignition switch?

konfuzed

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
OK a buddy of mine is also having this issue with his 15 1500. I have a 14 1500. I went over to help him troubleshoot. His was intermittent, it would have 12v and then wouldn't. He had already bought another $200 blower motor (3 wire,with resistor built in), and everything we did was pointing towards the $300 control module. However we took apart mine and tested them, his original blower and control module are fine. now we've ruled all of the components. So it's either a software issue in his Uconnect or a wiring issue between the controls and the blower. It would be great to have a wiring diagram schematic for our trucks!

Did you ever figure out your issue?

jelih

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try this.