Heater/ floor:

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scooter 74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2007 Dodge ram 1500. I turn on the heat to the floor and it won't come out on the floor it will only come out the front vents or the defrost. Is this a common problem?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

scooter 74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I fix this

OP
OP
S

scooter 74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How do I pinpoint what the problem is I'm a carpenter,not much of a mechanic. But thanks for the feedback

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Check out heater treater.this may be of some help.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

scooter 74

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you very much

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
2007 Dodge ram 1500. I turn on the heat to the floor and it won't come out on the floor it will only come out the front vents or the defrost. Is this a common problem?

If you rotate the mode knob to the floor and you do not feel airflow from the floor ducts, you will need to inspect the mode door actuator.

If you have access to a good scan tool you can look at the HVAC and monitor the mode door, blend door, defrost door and the recirc door to see if the module recognizes their movement.

If you don't have a scan tool you can disconnect the mode door actuator and use a 9V battery and a pair of wires to manually operate the actuator to see if it is operational.

You can also connect your DVOM to the mode door actuator electrical connector. With the DVOM set to DC voltage you can operate the mode knob in the HVAC control head and watch the voltage to see if the control head is sending the proper voltage to the connector.

This would be where I would start if I didn't have access to a scan tool.