Heavy (ier) duty rear springs for 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
I currently have the Power Wagon suspension on my truck, but when I'm throwing 2k pounds in the back, it's sitting noticeably lower than the front...I had a set of Tuftruck rear springs on my 2014 1500, and loved them. My hesitation is that the Power Wagon suspension is a little higher than normal, so I don't want the new HD springs to reduce my normal rear height.

Has anyone here used some heavy duty variable rate rear springs on their HD trucks?

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Power wagon was never meant as a work/hauling truck. It sits pretty level from the factory so the second you throw any weight in the back it's going to go nose high. if you need to haul stuff you are better off with the stock (non PW) springs. I think the payload capacity for a PW is well below 2K (like 1400lbs) so you are going way over what it is rated for.

Last edited:

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I currently have the Power Wagon suspension on my truck, but when I'm throwing 2k pounds in the back, it's sitting noticeably lower than the front...I had a set of Tuftruck rear springs on my 2014 1500, and loved them. My hesitation is that the Power Wagon suspension is a little higher than normal, so I don't want the new HD springs to reduce my normal rear height.

Has anyone here used some heavy duty variable rate rear springs on their HD trucks?

Airlift Ultimate airbags with Daystar cradles is what you want. The bags can be run empty and have an internal bump stop to replace the factory bump stop you have to remove. The Daystar cradles keep you from ripping the bags if you flex the rear end.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Get air bags
I did put some little helper back back there, but just yesterday one of the 90* fittings broke off for some reason, and I can't do anything about it without taking everything off...ridiculous. Just trying to bypass using anything "extra" and just going with heavier duty springs. Like I said, I liked my Tuftruck TCC-1223V springs on my 1500, made a world of difference. I believe they make the TCC-1225 for the 2500, but I haven't seen any reviews on it.

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Power wagon was never meant as a work/hauling truck. It sits pretty level from the factory so the second you throw any weight in the back it's going to go nose high. if you need to haul stuff you are better off with the stock (non PW) springs. I think the payload capacity for a PW is well below 2K (like 1400lbs) so you are going way over what it is rated for.
Yeah I usually don't carry anything, but have recently made some runs with 2100# worth of batteries in the back, and it squats about 3" lower than normal, putting it about 1-1.5" lower than the front. The stock rear springs would drop the rear height a little though, right? Or are the stock ones that same ride height as the PW?

reloaderguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah I usually don't carry anything, but have recently made some runs with 2100# worth of batteries in the back, and it squats about 3" lower than normal, putting it about 1-1.5" lower than the front. The stock rear springs would drop the rear height a little though, right? Or are the stock ones that same ride height as the PW?

Power Wagon springs are +2".

OP
OP
RAM_Designs

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Power Wagon springs are +2".
Looks like the Timbren kit with the 1" spacer would work well for what I'm wanting. I don't want to mess with air bags again, just want to tear everything out and use something that I'll never have to tinker with again.